2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback 1.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
Not good
By cacplanor on 11/17/14 14:34 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

2013 Sport purchased new now with 34K. Same problems many others are facing. Starting stumble, clunks heard and felt through steering system, suspension bumpers, eating tires once a year! Its nice to look at and fun to drive but that's about it. Run away if you appreciate what a "good" car is. Chrystler doesn't care if your car is broken, they'll tell you it's all "normal". You know, that "normal" clunk in the steering. The same clunk which would have stopped you/me from buying the car if a new one made it! Mine had that "norma"l clunk after only 6K miles. Thanks for that screw Chrysler, I won't soon forget it! Your cars suck and Uncle Sam should've let fail like you deserved.

Never again!!!
By prizm2356 on 06/22/14 16:32 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible. Needs engine replaced at 34,000 miles due to a cracked head. Check engine light flashing all the time, arm rest broke off, ball joint in front so bad it failed safety inspection. Both emblems front and back fading out.

I wish I didn't purchase this car.
By nomorefiat500 on 03/13/14 11:34 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Sigh..I fell in LOVE with my little 2012 Fiat 500 Sport until problem after problem. I just hit 30k miles and so far here are the issues; Clutch plate needed fixed, sometimes it wouldn't start since day 1; boot shifter replaced 2x; back windshield wiper fluid doesn't spray anymore, tire has a hole in it upon purchase, noticed next day, clock replaced as it wouldn't keep time, radio (CD Player) wouldn't eject CD's. I bought the car with 4 miles on it. I do not trust the Fiat dealerships and I do not trust this car anymore. I am trading it in soon. It's ashame, as I loved it.

Not Happy
By donna1954 on 03/06/14 12:53 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Fiat 500 less than 6 months ago and have never been so unhappy with a vehicle. The gas mileage is not what is advertised, the interior design is horrible, no center console, the visors do not even come close to protecting your face, the heat/ac when set on your feet blows directly, about 1/2" from your driving ankle so it either burns your ankle or freezes it. And do not let the wind blow at all because you cannot hold the car on the roadway. I do not enjoy driving anymore and can't wait to trade the car in.

Fiat 500 sport
By fixitagaintony on 08/16/13 06:40 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new with 60000 klm warranty. Most of my problems started after that and when I got to 85000 I traded it in for a honda fit. When I traded it the following repairs were required. Air conditioning not working, front end repairs for $1600. Leaking heater core, high beams that won't go to low. Brake power unit for $900. Paid 18000 and got 8000 on trade after 16 months and 85000 klm. MY dealer experience was awful. The salesmen were busy fighting over me, that on delivery I got the wrong car ( ordered white with bose stereo and got Grey with standard stereo.) Service dept. was not much better, as my request to return old parts for me to inspect were ignored. (commisons)

! un happy Camper
By lemonbuyer2 on 08/03/13 09:57 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this turbo sport 4 days ago and it's been in the shop twice already for repair, brand new car with 100 miles already has problems. I wished I had never seen the thing . I don't reccomend this car to anyone, ever. I will probably end up using the lemon law on this one , what a shame.

Love-hate relationship
By molly40 on 07/13/13 14:31 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 500 sport with 3,000 miles on it - dealer sales staff drove the car. While it looked cool and was extremely fun to drive, I quickly learned to loathe the car. Two steering arms and one master control module later (car had less than 20,000 miles on it), I looked for any way to unload this car without taking a huge loss. In addition to these issues, the backseat began to come apart at 12,000 miles (and rarely did I have anyone sit in the back). The engine block heater worked wonderfully but it began to malfunction and send error codes to the main computer. I was calling the dealer (90 miles away) for service every few weeks. Finally, at 24,500 miles, I called it quits.

Great Piccolo!!!
By elcano1 on 03/15/13 06:36 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

It has been a little more than a year that I get my 500 Sport, after 15,000 miles my wife and I are so happy with it, is like a go-kart, is too much fun, easy to park "zero" problems and great service from our dealer. I'm looking for the Abarth in the next future. Esta de rompe"m". Existen vehiculos mas rapidos pero no tan divertidos para manejar.

Fiat driver for life
By juniperarnold on 01/16/13 10:25 AM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Fiat 500 sport in May of last year. It came right off of the showroom floor. They placed my requested aftermarket rims on the car and it came with the Italian stripes down the side. Leather seats and a white and black dash. The design and colors are stunning together. The manual makes the car very quick and fun to drive. I would never buy an automatic Fiat. I drive my car through downtown Atlanta then on the interstate during my 30 mile one way commute. Never had a problem and the ride is very comfy. If you take care of your car and love it, it will do the same for you. This car is absolutely perfect.

NO BUENO!!
By penelope_ptstp on 01/09/13 08:58 AM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Car had to have engine replaced at 10K miles and had transmission problems at 16K miles.