2012 FIAT 500 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
25K Trouble free miles and smiles...
By markus1963 on 10/14/14 05:26 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our new 2012 500C (5MT) from Fullerton Fiat, NJ and could not be happier. The car has performed flawlessly over the past two years. After trading in our Mini Cooper S, we purchased a white body with red top combination Pop. The only services required have been the regular oil/filter changes and tire rotation.

So Far so good
By carlonz on 02/08/14 08:17 AM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2012 pop c in February 2013 for my wife. She thought it was a great looking car and we were trading a Mini Cooper. We only have 3000 miles on it so it's hard to say it has been a great car. We have had to have the headliner replaced already - really, the headliner... Anyway, my wife still likes the car. It gets good gas mileage although she doesn't drive it often. Interior parts are cheap plastic but we haven't had anything break yet. Service department is OK to deal with, BUT my one major complaint so far is that FIAT doesn't offer courtesy cars to drive if they have to keep your car which is different from any other manufacturer I have ever dealt with.

loved my FIAt...for first 5 months...hated Chrysler/Bob Baker Carlsbad :(
By chiariello on 04/03/13 18:00 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

bought brand new car, only 3K miles, sometimes it would start, sometimes it wouldn't...not a good feature in a car! at first dealer suggested I was doing something wrong, but after having it towed 3 X, they finally realized I wasn't making this up. It was there for 2 months, I asked them finally for replacement (lemon law, which my car, which was sadly the case) so they dragged their feet for another month, plus charged me for mileage on the poor car they sold me. It was extortion, but after 3 months I paid it just to get a car....I don't think the service dept was at fault, they simply couldn't figure out what's wrong, but the dealer didn't help us at all, and Chrysler was even worse.

Fun to look and drive, but too many problems
By vince_ on 12/12/12 12:13 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Too many issues for a new car, even if they fix all the problems for free. I like the car, it performs as expected. It is a city car, easy to park, drives very well from 0-40, and able to handle the highway. The convertible top makes for a fun summer drive. I get great mileage, 31 in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic, if I take it easy I have no problems surpassing the est highway and getting 41. So far I have had two ignition coils go bad, one resulting in being stranded. The radio failed to work when very cold, and now 1/2 the climate controls have gone dark. They have fixed all the problems free of charge, but the longer I own it the more I fear "What next will go wrong?

5-STARS for the 500
By bill_s_in_az on 05/18/12 16:02 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

2.5 months 2300 miles 40.7mpg on 87Octane Had to adjust the headlights downward, but that was the only issue. Rado/CD/USB media/Bluetooth all work great! ECO Drive download to PC to monitor efficiency is nice if you want to save the universe. Key fob remote range is very short :( 5M trans very easy to use even in stop light traffic. Cold AC! My F-150 (17.5mpg) sits while I cruise all over town. I used to consume 2 gallons a day, so now I'll save enough to break even at initial cost, current driving distance, and gas prices-- all in about 16 years, but it will be so much fun!!!

Amazing
By popei on 03/30/12 20:42 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

6 weeks in and 3000K miles. If your looking for a fuel efficient, fun to drive, great looking car at a bargin price, this car is it. I bought the 5 speed manual. I average 40 mpg(combined) and I use regular gas. Don't waste your money on premium. No issues. Car feels like a much more expensive car, all around. The car has plenty of pickup and flys on the highway. The convertible is very quiet. The fiat is quieter than a 2005 Honda s2000 that I bought new. Looking at the car you would never think it will fit 4 people, but it does. Brakes are great as is the handling. If you buy it, you won't be disappointed. I can't get enough of driving this car.

500 Pop Manual - Fast Car and Love it
By rtwolfe on 10/08/11 21:55 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first car was an MGB and I loved it. I feel the exact same way about this car. I smile to and from work every day. Also, it WILL go fast but you have to drive it like an Italian. Here's what it takes. 1. Manual Transmission - Auto is not quick 2. Sport button on 3. Shift at high RPMs - 4000 to 6500 4. High Octane Premium Gas - BP 93 works 5. Mobile 1 oil-makes Multivalve engine run better 6. High Flow Drop In air filter - check 500madness Other than the transmission, this set of small changes made a huge difference in how the car responds. It flys. Also, with Sport on, the steering is crisp and the throttle is quick. Take a test drive. You will love it too.

I've fallen!
By rcaplan on 09/20/11 13:27 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have fallen in love with the Fiat 500! I went from a VW New Beetle to my Fiat and I couldn't be happier! I was going to get a Mini but could never pull the trigger. The moment I sat down in the Fiat it had me. The drive is wonderful, the features are amazing and all at an extremely great price! I only wish the seats sat a little lower but that could be due to being used to driving a Bug for the past 5 years. Do yourself a favor and if you are at all contemplating a Fiat, get one!!!

Exceeds expectations and is fun.
By igofishingalot on 08/28/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel mileage is much better than the 38mpg highway posted on the sticker. An average of 41mpg was observed during a nice 40 mile long curvy and hilly back road drive mostly at 45mph in 4th gear with the top open. The car is a joy to travel in. It has plenty of room and comfort for 4. At 65mph with the top full open and windows closed, it is quiet enough to have normal conversations between all 4 occupants. Very quiet ride with top open or closed. Top can be operated with push button control while driving under 50mph. Car is fun enough to make our mid teen age kids still want to go with us. Back seats are roomy and comfortable for picky an long legged kids 5'8" tall.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 FIAT 500 Convertible in VA is:

$124 per month*