Used 2012 FIAT 500 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Sporty little car with a big personality!
By Brad Johnson

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was in the market to buy a car for my son, a high school senior who will be college-bound next year and in need of good, reliable, safe wheels under him. The Fiat 500c seemed the perfect fit, literally - my son is 6' 5" and he slipped right in to the driver's seat with ease. There was plenty of head and leg room, once the tilt wheel and seat were adjusted. This car handles extremely well and is very tight on turns. What surprised me was the amount of interior space - the outside appearance is deceiving, as once you get inside, it is a well distributed area for 4 people. Equally so is the trunk space, which provides a deep, larger-than-expected compartment for all kinds of storage. Even better is the feature of the split rear seat, which folds down and allows for larger items to fit from the folded down seat to the trunk space. Very smooth ride - takes those bumps in the road really well which reflects a good suspension system. Plus, it's a convertible !! What's better than that? Although I have firmly told my son that he is not to put the top down and stand up while driving, with his feet on the wheel....! It is a great little car that is super on gas and a blast to drive - my son loves it. Life is too short, and for a car in this price range, loosen up and go grab some fun.

Fiat 500C
By Jerry

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car with a lot of small issues
By Joshua McDonald

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Would be a great car if the interior quality was a little better, if you get the convertible then be aware that the light color headliner suffers from discoloration in the rear and that Fiat and the dealers will not correct the issue, instead blaming it on dust that gets on the interior. You will be going to the shop for small things and they will add up over time.

The City car
By Henry Zbyszynski

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car was designed to be in a city. The city mpg was always over 22 and the highway went as high as 40. Highway driving was fine with the acceleration of the manual gearbox allowing me to merge into traffic going 60+ mph. I was comfortable driving at 72 mph.Most of my driving was in the Boston area and traversing the river on a high bridge gave me no difficulty in a cross wind. The back seat was occasional used (sometime by me) by adults with no difficulty as long as the passenger seat was move forward a little. With the back seat folded down and access through the hatchback made this a useful vehicle. I always got a lot of attention in a parking lot. The looks were attractive to lots of people and the would ask me about the issues I described above. Overall, a good, reliable, stylish car.

THE WORSE VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED!
By Clarisse Barcelos

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since April of 2012, and since the first week I bought it, I've had nothing but problems with it. From the rear brake lights going out, to damage tires, bad tire/wheel bearings after short time of ownership, convertible top replaced twice, electrical issues, trunk issues (not opening - 4 times since 2012), soft top roof leak, etc.