2012 FIAT 500 Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
So Far so good
By carlonz on 02/08/14 08:17 AM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 2012 pop c in February 2013 for my wife. She thought it was a great looking car and we were trading a Mini Cooper. We only have 3000 miles on it so it's hard to say it has been a great car. We have had to have the headliner replaced already - really, the headliner... Anyway, my wife still likes the car. It gets good gas mileage although she doesn't drive it often. Interior parts are cheap plastic but we haven't had anything break yet. Service department is OK to deal with, BUT my one major complaint so far is that FIAT doesn't offer courtesy cars to drive if they have to keep your car which is different from any other manufacturer I have ever dealt with.

Love It
By joshproducts on 01/22/14 15:12 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Fiat 500c last Jan. We have had no problems with our fiat at all. We have gone to Az, Tenn 3x's, and back to Pa three times. Love it great gas mileage. Only one thing has popped up in the back seat there is a radling going on not sure what it is. But its not a big thing. We want to trade it in for the 500L now. Not that we don't like our 500c but we want more room for traveling.

loved my FIAt...for first 5 months...hated Chrysler/Bob Baker Carlsbad :(
By chiariello on 04/03/13 18:00 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

bought brand new car, only 3K miles, sometimes it would start, sometimes it wouldn't...not a good feature in a car! at first dealer suggested I was doing something wrong, but after having it towed 3 X, they finally realized I wasn't making this up. It was there for 2 months, I asked them finally for replacement (lemon law, which my car, which was sadly the case) so they dragged their feet for another month, plus charged me for mileage on the poor car they sold me. It was extortion, but after 3 months I paid it just to get a car....I don't think the service dept was at fault, they simply couldn't figure out what's wrong, but the dealer didn't help us at all, and Chrysler was even worse.

Silly, Crazy FUN!! I am sooo in love!
By flygrl on 12/19/12 05:53 AM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Are you kidding me? I love this car so much. I keep my cars for years...I had an 82 Rabbit Convertible for 17yrs and a 99 Beetle for 14yrs. I obviously love fun cars. The minute i test drove this car I was hooked. I only drive manual transmissions, so I am only speaking about manual Fiat 500c. I feel like I am in a Fellini movie, everytime I get behind the wheel. People keep talking to me at every stop light. If you don't like lots of attention...don't purchase one. It is a cute little race car. There is a button for SPORT mode...this gives you an option for RPMS. I am a flight attendant, so I don't drive too much. When i do drive I want something that makes me smile. This is a GEM!

Fun to look and drive, but too many problems
By vince_ on 12/12/12 12:13 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Too many issues for a new car, even if they fix all the problems for free. I like the car, it performs as expected. It is a city car, easy to park, drives very well from 0-40, and able to handle the highway. The convertible top makes for a fun summer drive. I get great mileage, 31 in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic, if I take it easy I have no problems surpassing the est highway and getting 41. So far I have had two ignition coils go bad, one resulting in being stranded. The radio failed to work when very cold, and now 1/2 the climate controls have gone dark. They have fixed all the problems free of charge, but the longer I own it the more I fear "What next will go wrong?

5-STARS for the 500
By bill_s_in_az on 05/18/12 16:02 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

2.5 months 2300 miles 40.7mpg on 87Octane Had to adjust the headlights downward, but that was the only issue. Rado/CD/USB media/Bluetooth all work great! ECO Drive download to PC to monitor efficiency is nice if you want to save the universe. Key fob remote range is very short :( 5M trans very easy to use even in stop light traffic. Cold AC! My F-150 (17.5mpg) sits while I cruise all over town. I used to consume 2 gallons a day, so now I'll save enough to break even at initial cost, current driving distance, and gas prices-- all in about 16 years, but it will be so much fun!!!

Quick, Nimble and Fun Ride
By peden500c on 04/30/12 07:29 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased the 500C in November and have driven 6,000 with no problems. The rides comfortably, is very nimble and accelerates nicely to stay with the traffic. It is not a race car but very sporty. This car cruises the highway at 75 mph and accelerates well throughout the entire range of the speedometer. Driver visibility is excellent as the car sits higher than others of it's size. Front seats accomodate all but the largest passengers. Rear seats are cramped for adults but just right for kids. This is a very fun car to drive and park. It's also easy to get in and out due to its height. Overall the car seems well made and we have had no maintenance issues.

Amazing
By popei on 03/30/12 20:42 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

6 weeks in and 3000K miles. If your looking for a fuel efficient, fun to drive, great looking car at a bargin price, this car is it. I bought the 5 speed manual. I average 40 mpg(combined) and I use regular gas. Don't waste your money on premium. No issues. Car feels like a much more expensive car, all around. The car has plenty of pickup and flys on the highway. The convertible is very quiet. The fiat is quieter than a 2005 Honda s2000 that I bought new. Looking at the car you would never think it will fit 4 people, but it does. Brakes are great as is the handling. If you buy it, you won't be disappointed. I can't get enough of driving this car.

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS PATHETIC
By lamorty on 03/05/12 15:13 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I also have had "issues" with my Fiat. Some are being rectified others...my loss. Will need to wait for 6-8 weeks for a part r/t the strut. Concerned with an event.. "slipping into drive" while idling. Not explanable nor able to recreate. Now I am concerned with safety Poor customer service including refusal to give reasoning in writing, an e-mail address and also to give me the persons last name that denied minor repair. Response: "I contacted Fiat Canada via phone and therefore my response was to be via phone". Requested an appeal and denied...told she was the final say and was speaking for FIAT. All I can say is buyer beware!!! Well with FIAT CANADA anyway!

500 Pop Manual - Fast Car and Love it
By rtwolfe on 10/08/11 21:55 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first car was an MGB and I loved it. I feel the exact same way about this car. I smile to and from work every day. Also, it WILL go fast but you have to drive it like an Italian. Here's what it takes. 1. Manual Transmission - Auto is not quick 2. Sport button on 3. Shift at high RPMs - 4000 to 6500 4. High Octane Premium Gas - BP 93 works 5. Mobile 1 oil-makes Multivalve engine run better 6. High Flow Drop In air filter - check 500madness Other than the transmission, this set of small changes made a huge difference in how the car responds. It flys. Also, with Sport on, the steering is crisp and the throttle is quick. Take a test drive. You will love it too.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 FIAT 500 Convertible in VA is:

$118 per month*