Used 2012 FIAT 500 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 500 model:

Fiat 500C
By Jerry

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car with a lot of small issues
By Joshua McDonald

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Would be a great car if the interior quality was a little better, if you get the convertible then be aware that the light color headliner suffers from discoloration in the rear and that Fiat and the dealers will not correct the issue, instead blaming it on dust that gets on the interior. You will be going to the shop for small things and they will add up over time.

The City car
By Henry Zbyszynski

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car was designed to be in a city. The city mpg was always over 22 and the highway went as high as 40. Highway driving was fine with the acceleration of the manual gearbox allowing me to merge into traffic going 60+ mph. I was comfortable driving at 72 mph.Most of my driving was in the Boston area and traversing the river on a high bridge gave me no difficulty in a cross wind. The back seat was occasional used (sometime by me) by adults with no difficulty as long as the passenger seat was move forward a little. With the back seat folded down and access through the hatchback made this a useful vehicle. I always got a lot of attention in a parking lot. The looks were attractive to lots of people and the would ask me about the issues I described above. Overall, a good, reliable, stylish car.

THE WORSE VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED!
By Clarisse Barcelos

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this vehicle since April of 2012, and since the first week I bought it, I've had nothing but problems with it. From the rear brake lights going out, to damage tires, bad tire/wheel bearings after short time of ownership, convertible top replaced twice, electrical issues, trunk issues (not opening - 4 times since 2012), soft top roof leak, etc.

Terrible
By Dave M

2012 FIAT 500 Convertible C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

IMHO, this is the worst and most dangerous car on US highways. We were given one as an Enterprise rental, so beware. On the Interstates, it feels like the Fiat 500 could be run over by any compact American car. The ride was rough and noisy. I've been told that some people love them......but I think it's a standard answer for those who already have them. I was teased by acquaintances who suggested I put the Fiat in the back of their car. My wife, me and two suitcases were hard to squeeze into it! Terrible car....and without a doubt the worst car I've ever rented. Complaints to Enterprise went nowhere....only questions. My objective would be to keep the Fiat off American roads.