Used 2012 FIAT 500 Abarth Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Fiat 500 - Consumer Reviews

Abarth 1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

GORGEOUS
By limee

2012 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Traded my Prima for the Abarth. So glad I did. It drives and handles so much better with more than enough power and much more connected. The soundtrack from the exhaust is phenomenal, has to be the best stock soundtrack out there. Fuel mileage is consistently 33-34mpg. I use premium seeing as it's turbo charged. My Prima averaged 36-38 mpg. Love driving this car. It's a blast. Looking forward to the Abarth convertible!

Favorite Features

Power, style, exhaust, steering wheel which is thick with a flat bottom and feels great in the hands. Use of the sport button, makes the car a different animal

Suggested Improvements

A 6 speed manual would be fantastic.

The Manny Pacquiao of the car world
By shabba2

2012 FIAT 500 Abarth Abarth 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Easily the best decision I've ever made on an impulse. While looking at the Sport model, this Abarth was left behind by the original buyer. I snapped it up as I overheard him declining to buy it after ordering it. Let's see, this car goes like stink, gets phenomenal gas mileage (I'm averaging 38 on the highway at 75 mph), looks like nothing else, is built well, is very uncommon, is surprisingly comfortable on any sort of trip, has standard options that most cars would not in this price range, has an exhaust that makes a Ferrari jealous, and it's priced perfectly. Abarth is like the Carroll Shelby of the 500 world. They took something that was nearly perfect and made it perfect.

Favorite Features

Engine. Bluetooth is standard. The leather is very, very nice. Plenty of room for groceries without putting the rear seat down. Front seat has plenty of room for 6 footers. A rear seat that will actually work as a seat for an adult. Fuel mileage. Looks that are stunning. The exhaust is to die for. Oh my the exhaust...

Suggested Improvements

The center console is a knee banger. Paint is a little thin on the hood.