Used 2006 Ferrari F430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ferrari F430

View reviews for a specific F430 model:

Get the Rock Star Treatment
By banx

2006 Ferrari F430 F1 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 6AM)

It's a fantastic vehicle, all you can possibly imagine. While a few tenths of a second off the 0-60 pace of a Corvette Z06 or a Nissan GT-R, those cars don't get the looks or attention this car gets. A Porsche 911 Turbo is almost invisible next to this Ferrari. It has the F1 transmission, but be WARNED, it's not reliable. The entire transmission had to be replaced under warranty at 3K miles. The OEM optional Blaupunkt Hi-powered stereo just croaked at 5K miles (not covered by warranty), even though it had barely been used the past 12 months (engine sound was too intoxicating to listen to the radio for more than 5 minutes) and was never played at more than low volume in the driveway.

Favorite Features

Sound from the engine at higher rpm.

Suggested Improvements

Change full warranty from 3 years to 4 years. On the 1 year Power Cube warranty (after OEM warranty expires), include Stereo coverage (it's specifically excluded). The other improvement has been addressed already in the later Scuderia - faster paddle shifts.

F1 Ferrari F430
By F1Guy

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6AM)

Have owned 50-60 autos in my lifetime; many of the higher end types. The F430 beats them all, hands down. This car has it all; style, presence, speed, quickness, a wonderful, yet sporty ride and a great (F1) tranny. It is the best overall balance of sporting and stylistic ride and handling I have ever owned. It costs more than many houses, but if you love to drive, and appreciate fine automobiles, this is the top of the heap. The sound of the car, either at idle or WOT, will sell you on it, even if nothing else does! Do it if you can...you won't be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Style, overall ride and handling, speed, sound and fits like a glove.

Suggested Improvements

Improve mpg. Gain more hp in the coming years. Find a way to install glass rear window.

Ferrari 430 Spyder Coupe
By ferraridrew

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

This car is good. It's very fast, agile, cool looking, and makes me as popular as a 17 year old. I purchased it in North Carolina.

Favorite Features

The shifter.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage.

WOW!
By F.SALA

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6M)

I love my F430 Spider. It is by far the best Ferrari I've ever driven and owned. It is as smooth as a luxury car and handles like it's on railroad tracks. When you drive this car at full pedal to the metal the sound is out of this world. The best feature: no more timing belt and valve ajustments services. I'm going for another ride, caio!

Favorite Features

The 6-speed manual transmission, great looks, good smelling leather interior, and exhaust sound.

Suggested Improvements

None

F430 Spider F1
By Ernesto

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider F1 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 6AM)

After I had experienced the Ferrari Testarossa in 1999 I also purchased the Maserati Spider 2002 as a companion. Then one day I noticed the F430 in the lot at the dealer while picking up the Maserati after service. I fell in love with this new Ferrari car. I had to go and purchased it the following week and I have no regrets since. It is a blast of fun, expecially when driving thru a tunnel, the experience and feeling is the same as if I was driving a Formula One. The shifting of gears is so quick and the engine responds immediately, the noise is phenomenal. The acceleration is exhilarating. This is the best car in my stable.

Favorite Features

F1 gear shift is unique. This car is the best of Italian art and engineering. It beats Porsche by a mile in style. It is also a true girl magnet.

Suggested Improvements

No improvement required here. The car is a work of art.