1996 Eagle Vision - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Vision model:
Fast Luxury
By Physicist on 06/09/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

1996 Eagle Vision ESi 4dr Sedan

For 13 years, this car has been reliable and extremely fun to drive.

happy driver
By Eagle lover on 05/10/08 00:16 AM (PDT)

1996 Eagle Vision ESi 4dr Sedan

12 years ago, I bought this car for my wifes birthday. Now, I drive it to work. My 83 mile commute is a blast. Even though the car has 162000 miles on it, it still gets up to 90 when I pass. I have only spent about 1000 in parts over the past 5 years. My total cost per mile is about $0.17 over the lifetime of the car. It still gets 27 miles per gallon. I could not be happier with this vehicle.

Enjoyable and reliable car
By fenceme2 on 12/16/06 10:20 AM (PST)

1996 Eagle Vision TSi 4dr Sedan

I have owned my TSI for 10 years now and have no serious complaints. It has been a very reliable car; virtually zero problems with no time in the shop except for routine maintenance. It's very peppy and fun to drive with a nice firm handling suspension unusual in large American cars of the time. Both the interiors and exteriors barely show their age and it is still a stylish new looking car after all these years.

notsoregaleagle
By eagle jack on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Eagle Vision ESi 4dr Sedan

first off i really do like my eagle esi.if it were not for the faulty electrical problems(corrrosion of major wires)and the never ceasing front end problems this car could be a high 9 in ratings.interior is roomy and comfortable.the 3.3 i have even at 163,000 miles + still has no loss in pickup.body has been solid and is just starting to show trunk lid rust.my big beef though has been with the front end components of the car.at 56000 mile i had to replace the rack and pinion components,the ball joints and connecting rods and struts.since then it has been 4 more complete sets of ball joints and tie rod ends.

The best car I ever drove!
By blacklodge on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Eagle Vision ESi 4dr Sedan

This is truly an awesome car. I still haven't managed to find a flaw.

Good Car
By ccmstation on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Eagle Vision ESi 4dr Sedan

Definitely a good choice to go with the 3.5L engine. Has needed some major work including air conditioner condenser and a new rack & pinion. After 83k miles, still has good struts and the interior shows little wear. Put higher performance tires, Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs, and a K&N Air Filter on the car to give it a little more get-up-and-go. All-in-all it is a great car.

Tsi Buyer Beware
By NelDLP on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Eagle Vision TSi 4dr Sedan

Eagle Vision Tsi Owners and Future Buyers Beware. This was a great and fun car when we first got it. Slowly but surely it will start falling apart on you. Serious electrical problems everywhere. Door locks, trunk, alarm, ignition switch. Stalling. Paint peeling on any plastic areas, bumpers, rear window panels. Good Luck. :-(

EagleVisionESI
By BGS on 02/26/02 16:05 PM (PST)

1996 Eagle Vision ESi 4dr Sedan

When the tempeture gets 50 degrees or lower, the steering rake make a grinding noise. The struts are already worn out at 80k miles. And there's too much play in the brake pedal.