1998 Eagle Talon Consumer Reviews

1998 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:

1998 Talon Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
1998 eagle talon
By johnie tyler

1998 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

i bought my 1998 talon esi almost two months ago, i love the interior design of the car don't really care for the gray interior i prefer the tan. the car is really reliable the only thing i done to mine is when i first bought it i changed the plugs, wires, oil, tranny filter, all new fluids, and replaced all hoses and belts. i have never has my car broke down on me yet.

Favorite Features

body styling, comfort, and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

horsepower and better made door handles they are to cheaply made the break really easy

Belt Problems
By Bob's Garage

1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Got this car about a year and a half ago and it's thrown the power steering belt 8 times and it's gotten to the point where I can't rely on the car to get from point a to point b. Doesn't help that I had to replace the clutch 2 months after purchasing the car. Definitely would not buy another.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and is fairly comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Car needs to be more reliable so that I'm not shelling out $200 a month to fix something that goes wrong with it.

The Ultimate Eagle Talon - 1998 Model
By Al Simmons

1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I owned a 1992 Eagle Talon from '92-97 and have hated myself ever since for trading it in (family, big cars, no fun). Never wanted another sports car (not a car dude, but LOVED the Talon styling - especially the bump on the hood). Talon always had more aggressive body styling than its 'twin', the Eclipse. To make a long story short, recently I was in the market for a new car, and, just for fun, I Googled for the ultimate (style-wise) Talon - the 1998. Found my dream car 100 miles away in NoCal, Turbo, Red, only 37,000 miles (!!!) Had no idea how rare it was (only 4307 made!) - I bought it the next morning. Driving is FUN AGAIN! It was like getting re-acquainted with an old friend.

Favorite Features

1. Styling - The '98 is the coolest looking because the WIDE shark mouth and angled 'half-ring' spoiler ROCK! Best styled Talon or Eclipse EVER made - and rarest. Bump on the hood (of course). Generations 3 & 4 have no bump. 2. Handling and performance. A+++++ Feels rock-solid.

Suggested Improvements

None. The 1998 Eagle Talon, the rarest and last of this series, was a 'Homerun' for the designers. No Eclipse ever came close to matching it in styling, and the Gen 3 and 4 Eclipses are different cars. What can I say? Since 1998 its been my "Dream Car" and now - I FINALLY GOT MINE!!

1998 Eagle Talon ESi
By avril89lavigne

1998 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

The car so far has done well. One common problem though, is the cracked head gasket (which is expensive to fix). My car has many extras so of course, there is more to go wrong. But so far, it's been a good car.

Favorite Features

VERY cold air and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius, sound system, and back seat space.

Encredible!
By Tammara

1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Talons are the greatest! They are the most fun to drive and one of the nicest looking cars! I wish that they were still being made today.

Favorite Features

Speed, body style

Suggested Improvements

needs more room inside, other than that...the car is perfect!

Best Car Ever Owned!!!!
By Kezer

1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car with 72 000km on it. I bought it because the km's were so low. With so little km's, there's nothing that can go wrong with it. The AWD system is amazing!!!!! It has saved me from a few accidents (or at least REALLY close calls). You'll appreciate the LSD if you drive in snow or bad weather like we do lots up here in Canada. . If you are trying to buy one, look for one with km's under 100 000 and with no performance upgrades. Trust me TALON's are great cars. To get this type of performance, looks and features, you'll have to buy a BMW or Lexus. I ve owned many cars before and the TALON by far tops them all off!!! Buy one while you still can.

Favorite Features

My favorite features include the sleek styling of the car, the comfy cloth seats (leather would be nice though), and how well this car handles.

Suggested Improvements

The back seats could be bigger, and the car should come with a stock turbo timer. Other than that, there is nothing else to be improved!! This car is awesome.

IIIIIIIII love it!
By Ulysses S. Grant

I love it! I love it! I love it!! Great ride. No complaints

Favorite Features

EXTERIOR!!!

Suggested Improvements

just a tiny bit too slow

Eagle Talon TS AWD Hatchback
By eagletalonTSI

1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

This car is great, theirs many mods for it and its alot of fun, taking it on the track is the best..this car has much power that is needed to be able to run good times. I suggest this car to everyone.

Favorite Features

AWD is great for the snow that i get in my area

Suggested Improvements

More Horsepower :-)

Factory can't fix
By watercrit

1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Spitzer dodge (Lakewood), the dealer who Chysler insisted I keep taking the car to for repairs to their incompetent warranty work never did repair all the car problems. The anti-locks don't work again, they damaged the wiring harness causing additional problems, feul guage doesn't read correctly, etc. They couldn't even adjust the alternator belt. You could here it in the showroomwith the car parked in the street and the service manager insisted that was normal. Engine and handling are good. Brakes have been serviced twice due to rotor surface peeling away.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Drive train is reliable aside from brakes. Works great in snow with Blizzaks as long as you keep it under 3000 rpm.

Suggested Improvements

Daimler Chrysler has convinced me that they don't care that they can't repair their products. (I have 2 TSI and 2 SL's) Service personnel need to be trained. Brakes are not up to snuff.

Eagle talon 98
By James Zalin

1998 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

My eagle talon is one of the best cars I've owned to date. I love the style of it and comfort of the ride too. The performance for only having 140 horses under the hood is great. I'm very impressed and satisfied with my car. I only wish they wouldn't have stopped making them.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the exterior. It is a very sharp looking car.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I suggest is that they bring back the eagle talon. I know I'd buy one.