1997 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:
Excellent Performer/ minor flaws
By Richard M. on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Performance is great as is aftermarket support for this model, all weaknesses have been found researched and most corrected. DO NOT PUT CHEAP TIRES or SUPER SOFT RACE RUBBER on these cars, they do eat tires up with the AWD, heavy weight, and power. The turbo is a little too small for maximum performance at high RPM,however it is more than enough for any commute,and provides Jet Fighter like thrust at low speeds (15 -45 mph) in traffic for excellent passing. about 30 mpg on highway at 80 mph

Fun, Reliable Car
By Deelio on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

This was my first brand spankin' new car and it's been the best car that I have owned. I have had no major problems with the car since the 6 years that I have owned it. It could use a paint job but other than that my car is still like new. The car is very fun to drive and handles the road well.

ESi
By D. Strickland on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

Car is fun to drive, most DSM vehicles have a oil burn problem. Runs good and has great gas mileage, about 22 mpg city.

LOVE this car!!! :)
By Talia on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car can kick it! I have the AWD turbo and LOVE the performance! I live in the mountains and love to test it out as I'm never disappointed. ;) I was told when I bought it to take good care of it to avoid the previous years problems and have. I have not had ANY problems with this car yet. You have to replace the tires more often because they're performance, therefore softer, but you CAN get an all season that will last longer. It can also haul a totally full car load without difficulty. The A/C does detract slightly from performance, but not much.

pocket rocket!
By DR1665 on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Talon since it was new. These cars are very driver- friendly and reliable. YOU CAN BUY YOUR OWN TURBO FOR THEM AND MAKE MORE POWER WHILE PAYING LESS FOR INSURANCE. If you would like to know more about these cars, there is web community called 2GNT full of owners who love their 2GNTs (second generation non- turbo) cars and can help you with any mod/repair for FREE! Buy this car!

Get Insurance That Covers Towing
By Sethsoccer on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Fun car, not the fasted though. Off the line its fast. The car is just to darn heavy, about 4,000 lbs. And they call that a sports car, come on. The celica i have (GTS, 6-speed) only is 2,700 lbs. Celicas are alot faster FYI. But I miss my AWD thats why im getting a new Subaru Impreza WRX. Now thats a nice car. That only comes in at about 3,000 lbs.

Get the turbo.
By irrelevant on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This car will rock your face off. The most fun driving I've ever had is in this car. But, you have to get a turbo- charged model. The base models suck.

the best
By james ossey on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

all, this car is the best car next to the dodge viper gts acr. i love both of them

97 Talon Tsi Turbo
By Mantas on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Ok Negatives first. Because its an AWD it weighs a lot, im not sure about edmunds, but in my car manual it says the car weighs close to 4000pounds. Second negative is that the body has some rust to it,. I mean its a 97 and im planning on redoing the bottom of the car and the hatchback.. Other than that, so far my talon is a 9 out of 10. Looks are awesome and performance is phenominal. Eagle talon is 9.5 out of ten in my book.

I love mine!
By Andy Ashcraft on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

I've had nothing but fun driving my '97 Talon Esi. I'm very sorry I was unable to afford the turbo at the time!