1996 Eagle Talon Consumer Review: 1996 Talon TSi AWD

1996 Eagle Talon - Consumer Review

TSi 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

1996 Talon TSi AWD
By Talonted on

1996 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car about 9 months ago and I have been very impressed with it. The car is turbo all wheel drive and drives like it's pretty new. I would say that getting a car like this with the miles i got (118,000) you're going to expect to put around $1000 dollars worth of maintenance and general repairs, which is not untypical for cars nowadays (120,000 mile timing belt, maybe clutch, etc.). However with that maintenance alone the car drives way better than my old 1996 Eclipse RS, and has less problems thus far. Don't expect much room in the back. This car is a great alternative to the Eclipse costing 1000s less than its counterpart; its a great performance vehicle!

I'd say my 5 favorite features of this car are: 1. The turbocharged motor 2. All wheel drive 3. Folding rear seats 4. Sleek body design 5. Fully loaded interior.

If they brought this car back, I think they should get rid of the spoiler (I know I already did). Also, a larger turbo would be nice; the one that comes on it is the size of a hairdryer. Lastly I would seroiusly rethink that hump in the middle of the backseat and add beefier drivetrain components.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review