Used 1996 Eagle Talon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

1996 Eagle Talon

View reviews for a specific Talon model:

1996 Talon TSi AWD
By Talonted

1996 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car about 9 months ago and I have been very impressed with it. The car is turbo all wheel drive and drives like it's pretty new. I would say that getting a car like this with the miles i got (118,000) you're going to expect to put around $1000 dollars worth of maintenance and general repairs, which is not untypical for cars nowadays (120,000 mile timing belt, maybe clutch, etc.). However with that maintenance alone the car drives way better than my old 1996 Eclipse RS, and has less problems thus far. Don't expect much room in the back. This car is a great alternative to the Eclipse costing 1000s less than its counterpart; its a great performance vehicle!

Favorite Features

I'd say my 5 favorite features of this car are: 1. The turbocharged motor 2. All wheel drive 3. Folding rear seats 4. Sleek body design 5. Fully loaded interior.

Suggested Improvements

If they brought this car back, I think they should get rid of the spoiler (I know I already did). Also, a larger turbo would be nice; the one that comes on it is the size of a hairdryer. Lastly I would seroiusly rethink that hump in the middle of the backseat and add beefier drivetrain components.

TSI
By Derrill

1996 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Awsome car, love driving it, preforms excellent in turns or on the track. Everyone complemets on car. Should still make them.

Favorite Features

Turbo, awd, Design, handeling.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat room. Trunk space.

Great If Maintained
By knightey

1996 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

This is a great car if your into cars! It is reliable and fun to drive...but even better any performance improvments are really felt...I would recomend this car to anyone who is into the import mania!!!!

Favorite Features

The exterior is very sleek and the car sounds incredible!!!

Suggested Improvements

better automatic transmission

'96 Eagle Talon ESi - Rad
By FrickenA

1996 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

My experience with this vehicle is a good one. Its sweet looking and the chicks dig it. The 2 liter engine is pretty much the only down fall, although, I'm not into street racing so I couldn't care less. Thanks for reading this.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is probably the exterior visual. Its Rad looking.

Suggested Improvements

A suggested improvement would have to be that people can't really sit in the back seat cuz thier head will hit the roof, unless they are 5'4" tall

4G63 people dont know what theyre missin
By BuDDyLeE

1996 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

i bought this car after looking at many an eclipse, and i couldnt be happier. the car is absolutly solid & perfect. the motor is imaculate the interior still smells brand new, nothing is faded or cracked. the build quality, and overall fun factor involved in driving a 2GNT is overwhelming. these cars ride on rails yet are smooth as silk. lighter than the turbo with many aftermakret kits for adding boost. a great car that i would recommend to anyone, from grandma to your younger brother or sister whos learning how to drive.