Used 1995 Eagle Talon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:

2 Fast 2 Expensive
By MTWOLLET

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I Have a TSI AWD with 109,000 on it I bought the car in 08/03 and maybe four months later the Clutch Master Cylinder and slaves were replaced $600. The only annoying minor problem I have is the oil return line leaks coming from the turbo. For me gas milage sucks 16-18 mpg since due to upgraded fuel pump and T-28 Turbo along with a diffrent air intake with stock intercooler pipes removed , right now the top boost I can crank is 20lbs he he. Its will also be coming up on a timing belt and H2O Pump eeek. If your looking for something with affordable repairs decide carefully, but as with any car their is nothing certian....

2 Fast 2 Expensive
By MTWOLLET20

TURBO Going and already have been 100mph+

Better Engine Reliability More room in engine bay ugggh Wheels sometimes get stuck to remove off hub.

Wow
By Raven_Other Big Bird

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I thought this car would be nice with it wicked good looks and its turbo awd feature. The ball bearing went out, that was the first 1000 dollars spent. Next the transmission was shallow and needed work, another 1000, i have 45000 miles on the talon, but it is ready to go, the turbo went and that will be about 1000 again. This was all within 4 months. So once one thing goes wrong it all goes wrong unless you like spending money for a car, I would recommend another turbo car if that is what you are after

Easy shifts (when car works), Easy controls, Excellent handling in normal low traction places.

Better ball bearing, Turbo, Engine reliabilty

She's a HOT lady & FUN, too!
By sarahsue

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

This vehicle makes driving fun and exciting. The sleek lines and sporty look put it above and beyond any of it's competition for 1995.

The turbo is terribly fun - has resulted in my receiving 7 speeding tickets. Unless you have self restraint, don't mind the tickets, or have good luck, you shouldn't buy this car.

They shouldn't have stopped production - the Eclipse just isn't the same thing. It really isn't.

Red Talon ESI
By Eagle Driver in PA

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Eagle because of it's looks and a reasonable price. I've driven it for 3 years without too many problems save the ball joint that broke 2 weeks before it was recalled. Anti lock brakes were the first to go and now there's a light on the dash all the time. There is also an oil leak which I suspect has something to do with the head gasket. Interior is snug, with ne real back seat to speak of. Interior construction is cheap cheap cheap. Hard plastic dash basic seats. Radio did not work when headlights were on and I replaced it. Gets good mileage and Is not too bad for 2 people to travel in. Good going to work car.

The looks of the car are my favorite feature.

They don't make them anymore so I guess, nothing.