1995 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:
She's Mine 'til the Wheels Fall Off!!
By Lydia on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

My Talon TSI was my first new car. I bought her in '95 fresh out of college and am still driving her today. My new family status forced my to buy an SUV but I continue to drive this car to work (100 miles round trip). My odometer reads 189K and I have NEVER had engine work performed! And she's never left me stranded. Regular oil changes, tune ups every 50K and 92+ Octane ONLY! has keep my girl rolling for 8 years now. I average 27 mpg even with the turbo- of which I take FULL advantage. I gave up comfort of ride for the incredible handling- not a bad trade. A one owner car is what she'll always be!!

Super!
By nashy on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

This car is simply the best. I used to own a vw, but ever since I got the talon, i'm never going to go back. I wouldn't trade this car for the world, Unless that meant getting more talons :) Simply the best car I've ever owned.

This car is awesome
By Sartuche on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I've had the car for 3 years and man it has been a blast to drive. I haven't any problem's from it especially with it being over 9 years old. I bought the car with 52,000 miles on it and now it has 81,848 miles on it. I have driven the car for over 300 miles straight and never got uncomfortable in it. For it being turbo and weighing 3119lbs it gets really good gas mileage. I can drive almost 400 miles before I need to fill the tank again, I get less mileage if I drive it hard but I'm usually pretty easy on it for long trips.

Reliable Performance with a Backseat
By ASchell on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I purchased this car Jan 1 2000. The only problem I ever experienced was the ABS pump froze-up, $950 to replace, and that was at 95k miles. After we had our first child I had no problems with his carseat fitting in the rear seats, which was great. Turbo power is great for passing on the interstate!

Quick Response and handling
By cmoore on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I found this car to be much quicker than I had expected. Fuel economy is great and the turbo is fun.

SWEET!!
By TBot on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I have had the car for about 2 years and it a blast to drive. The Turbo o how the Turbo Flys!!!!Great in Bad weather.. Fun Fun Fun

Great car
By Toy toy on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

So far I have not had any trouble with this car. It is very good on gas mileage, very economical, and a very fun car to drive. I would recommend this car to anyone who is interested in a small sporty vehicle for cheap!

Been Surprising Reliable
By Hklee on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

As I stated, I am surprised at how well the car has been driving. I have had almost 0 maintenance problems for 60K. It is currently at 100500k miles. Though I have read reviews on it's electrical problems and so forth, I have had few problems with it.

AWD Fun
By Tony Cummins on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

This is an absolute awesome car to own. I wish that I had the ability to buy one new. The performance is awesome (although I have added to it through the help of the aftermarket) Still, a great performer stock. Great traction in bad weather. The interior styling just wraps around the driver (although the gear shift in the manual blocks part of the radio in 5th gear)

Good car
By Scott Nelson on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

Haven't had a problem with it yet knock on wood