1995 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:
Great first car
By Laila on 06/07/05 23:02 PM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

Overall a good first car to have. Easy to work on, manegeability etc. A very cute car as well, ages well.

9 years and still good
By yuba4 on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I've owned about 10 cars before this one, and they all left me wanting for something or other. This car has been extremely satisfying and exactly what I wanted until now when its a little small for a family of four. Problems have been minor - a couple of recalls and a sensor but that's about it. Rate 10/10 in ownership experience.

hatchy
By bob grindler on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

i like how the driving is and the way the fuel ecomonmy is.

The old Talons kick butt!
By lordnavarre on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

the new eclipse is a joke compared to the older DSM

Bought NEW! Owned 7 years!
By Wilsonta on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

Reasonably inexpensive to buy & fun to drive. However, not the most reliable vehicle. Over the 7 years I had this vehicle I had to have it repainted (fading problems covered under warranty), replaced head gasket (all defective in these cars), power locks problems (bent bars inside 2 separate repairs for each side then later driver door lock wouldn't unlock with key, then automatic door lock from driver door to unlock passenger door quit working), rear strut bushings caused excessive squeaking (whole strut has to be replaced) all under 100K.

2 Fast 2 Expensive
By MTWOLLET on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I Have a TSI AWD with 109,000 on it I bought the car in 08/03 and maybe four months later the Clutch Master Cylinder and slaves were replaced $600. The only annoying minor problem I have is the oil return line leaks coming from the turbo. For me gas milage sucks 16-18 mpg since due to upgraded fuel pump and T-28 Turbo along with a diffrent air intake with stock intercooler pipes removed , right now the top boost I can crank is 20lbs he he. Its will also be coming up on a timing belt and H2O Pump eeek. If your looking for something with affordable repairs decide carefully, but as with any car their is nothing certian....

2 Fast 2 Expensive
By MTWOLLET20 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

Wow
By Raven_Other Big Bird on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I thought this car would be nice with it wicked good looks and its turbo awd feature. The ball bearing went out, that was the first 1000 dollars spent. Next the transmission was shallow and needed work, another 1000, i have 45000 miles on the talon, but it is ready to go, the turbo went and that will be about 1000 again. This was all within 4 months. So once one thing goes wrong it all goes wrong unless you like spending money for a car, I would recommend another turbo car if that is what you are after

She's a HOT lady & FUN, too!
By sarahsue on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

This vehicle makes driving fun and exciting. The sleek lines and sporty look put it above and beyond any of it's competition for 1995.

Red Talon ESI
By Eagle Driver in PA on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Eagle because of it's looks and a reasonable price. I've driven it for 3 years without too many problems save the ball joint that broke 2 weeks before it was recalled. Anti lock brakes were the first to go and now there's a light on the dash all the time. There is also an oil leak which I suspect has something to do with the head gasket. Interior is snug, with ne real back seat to speak of. Interior construction is cheap cheap cheap. Hard plastic dash basic seats. Radio did not work when headlights were on and I replaced it. Gets good mileage and Is not too bad for 2 people to travel in. Good going to work car.