1995 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:
Worth Every Penny
By John on 01/25/10 07:10 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in 96 because it was eye-catching and no one had this car. It was a floor model with 500 miles on it driven from one dealer to the next. I have only had minor issues with this car. Relay sensors, other sensors, a recall, broken door handle. I have 108000 miles on it and an drive it 100 miles a day. I fill up on the fourth day so fuel economy is great. This car style was far ahead of its time and the quality was fantastic. I put low profile tires & rims, added mirror tints, and a small antenna to make the overall look pop even more. Great car for the Fast & Furious enthusiasts, just wish I had extra cash to make it look even better. Only 25000 so hook yours up or get one.

198k and Going Strong!
By MOMO on 10/01/09 13:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I am the original buyer back in 95! Paid $26k for her, and it's been an awesome car. I do all the maintenance that's required, when needed. I did not get 198k miles by not taking very,very good care of her. So far, I've done the following since the day she was bought: 1. Timing belt twice (Required maint) 2. New suspension ( struts all around once ) I do all work! 3. New Dash ( Messed up the original ) 4. New Power steering rack in 08' 5. New Stereo all around in 02' 6. New heater core in 08' ( Mice!! ) 7. Brakes when needed, Rotors Once' 8. Basic Tune ups when needed, Plugs filters. 8. New Rebuilt Turbo ( x2 ) 9. New Valve Cover The engine is Original, and is clean as they come.

transmission
By killdatalon on 05/30/09 21:35 PM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car with the intention of a reliable car well I got the car with around 85,000 miles and I thought huh should be good low miles just getting broke in. Nope that was not the case bout two months of driving timing belt timing gears and water pump all at one time. Then bout two weeks later the master cylinder for clutch started leakin. I was like ok there should be any more problems for a while then bout 8 months after purchase the trans blew a hole in the side of it I was like noway well I got one out of junk yard for 500 bucks and again 5 months later the same happened again all I have to say is the car was probably a good little car when it was new but if you by one used beware.

What a whip
By D-Lock on 02/14/08 04:55 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Step on it and go. At ten years old with multiple mechanical problems related to abuse i still blow past other cars with ease. (till my blown shocks hit a pothole)

Most reliable, cool car ever
By JC on 11/28/07 20:51 PM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

I never owned a more reliable car than this one, even after 8 years of driving one. I have never ever had a problem withthis car other than a sensor light and now, the paint is beginning to fade and come off. It always starts, always performs, has never let me down. Its economical, fun to drive, and has an awesome sound system. Wish they still made 'em...I'd get another in a heartbeat....

All Wheel Drive Grip N Go Turbo
By Newman271 on 05/05/07 08:44 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Best car I have ever owned. With a little tweaking I easily beat an 07 Mustang GT. Awesome styling and aggressive stance.

Hate to sell
By gonzo on 09/10/06 12:34 PM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

I have absolutely no complaints about this car, it's just time to get a new car. Well, maybe one complaint, it is difficult to fit more than 3 people in the car comfortably, eg; long trips. Smooth drive, great air conditioner, power windows, locks and many other amenities made you feel like you were in a luxury sports car.

long term car
By roadrunner on 07/07/06 07:49 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

I have owned my Talon for 11 years & have loved it. After initial problems, covered by warranty, it has performed well & looks great! I have maintained it well.

not a good buy
By logicman on 12/22/05 23:10 PM (PST)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

In 3 years I replaced: head gasket, timing belt, water pump, electrical system, brain, struts, body rust, and 4 ball joints! I can say with objectivity that my Talon was a terrible car as far as reliability. I think it was cheaply made and do not recommend it to anybody who is looking for a dependable vehicle.

Best Car Ever
By Suck it on 09/29/05 10:12 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Talon ESi 2dr Hatchback

This car is sick. Plain and simple.