Used 1993 Eagle Talon Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Eagle Talon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

1993 Eagle Talon Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Talon model:

DL talon at its best
By Kevin Jordan

1993 Eagle Talon Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

This car is a great get her there and back with no worry's and very inexpensive. So good I've went through 5 of them and still have one today, enjoy!

A Great First Car
By Cruzincool

1993 Eagle Talon Hatchback DL 2dr Hatchback

I have owned the car for 3 years and it was my first car. It had 120,000 miles on it when I bought it and I still use it as a daily driver with 155,000 miles on it. I did have to replace the distributor on it once, but that is the only mechanical thing I've done to it other than regular maintenance. The car has been through a lot and still runs like a top. The interior fits me like a glove. Some of the interior quality is not as good as the mechanicals of the car, but it has a pretty comfortable ride and is always a fun car to cruise in. It looks good, runs good, and gets pretty good gas mileage. My 5 speed usually gets around 30-32 mpg. This car was a great first car for me and I still love it.

5 speed and the way the seats feel.

Needs cupholders.

a gem that sells cheap
By msu

1993 Eagle Talon Hatchback DL 2dr Hatchback

I got this car early 2003 for $1,300. My first car, I knew nothing about driving before this purchase. Now I have driven it for 3 yrs, still runs very well, and ride is comfortable and fun. It has 175K miles and no major mechanical problems. The only money I paid after purchase was the reasonable maintenance cost. People around me tend to believe only Japanese cars get you high mileage and reliability. While I believe they are wrong! In fact, myself and some other friends learned how to drive stick shift on this car, what a deal!

Driver-oriented design. Reliable.

its keeps on going, no repairs
By bb

1993 Eagle Talon Hatchback DL 2dr Hatchback

The body is made in the usa and is falling apart, interior panels missing, locks broken, but the engine is made in japan. This care is like the energizer rabbit. In 10 years I have not made a single repair on the engine except a gasket leak, rebuilt the transmission when the car hit 90,000, and tune-ups. A very reliable car. (electrical system is not so great)

Great looking car, in and out.

Not very comfortable sitting in the front seats, which are very low, hurts the back.

eagle
By Anthony Keim

1993 Eagle Talon Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I have driven the vehicle over
136,000miles with only one major
problem. I lost the timing belt at
59,000 and it bent my valves. Chrysler
came good. I serviced it every 3K and
it has treated me great. I still have
it.