Used 1992 Eagle Talon Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

1992 Eagle Talon Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Talon model:

Fun like a gorgeous high-maint. wife
By Computer Geek

1992 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

From the test drive on, I loved it. It's fast, fun, fun and fun. Just like a gorgeous girlfriend, I loved taking it out and showing it off. Boy, I was a proud man. After a couple of years, I noticed that the alternator just didn't keep pace with the demands of electronics. I've gone through about 5 alternators & about 10 batteries. I'm now on my third water pump. I'm actually happy that the original starter is still working. What I'm trying to say is, keeping up with maintenance on this car has been more than what I expected. This is especially true of the need to replace the timing belt at regular intervals. It's a fun car but being married to her takes a lot of work!

Favorite Features

Launch speeds, handling, fuel eco.

Suggested Improvements

If you buying a used one, check to see when the last replacements were of timing belt, water pump, alternator, starter. This will save you some buyers remorse.

great car
By coastsiDSM

1992 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I've owned a Jeep xj 4x4, a Mazda mx-6 (v6) and the talon, and it is by far the fastest, most reliable, fun car to drive/own.

Favorite Features

"only the depth of your pockets and the laws of aerodynamics are your limits"

Suggested Improvements

Thats what forums are for...

1 quick car stock!
By Rcorlew

1992 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Being that this car is 13 years old things do go wrong. Bun if you are in to making horsepower and excellent handling, this is it. DSM's are some of the most amazing cars cars built and are fairly easy to modify for crazy amounts of horsepower.

Favorite Features

The turbocharger and all wheel drive- train.

Suggested Improvements

Would have been nice had it been about 1 inch lower to the ground and a tad bit wider wheel base for better cornering. Also, I don't know what Mitsubishi was thinking when they stopped production in mid 1992 on the 6 bolt motors and went to the 7 bolts. They should have just stuck with what works.

Love my 92 Talon Tsi AWD Turbo
By davinci

1992 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

After 12 years and 133,000 fun miles, it is still a great car to drive! Regretfully, I'm trading it in tomorrow. It is using a little oil now but otherwise is still purring as when it was new. It has a great throaty sound when the turbo kicks in and pushes you back in the seat. It loves the back roads but really slices down the freeway, too. I know I'm going to miss this car

Favorite Features

Fast, extremely responsive, good gas mileage. A pretty car, distinctive on the road. Absolutely no sign of rust or corrosion even after 11 years of Wisconsin winter salt. AWD handles extremely well in slush and snow, which was one of my principle considerations in buying the Talon.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system was okay for 1992 but seems lacking today. Back seats weren't ever functional for anybody with legs or arms. But then I almost never had anybody try to ride in the back seats.

Never Sell my TALON
By ETALONMAN

1992 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

The car is FAST, beautiful, and I would say fairly reliable. I'm impressed with the quality of workman ship building it. Of course, every car has it's problems and I have to agree with a few people here that the tranny, and the valve seals (burning oil after idling for a while) have been a major maintence job. All in all, the car has been good to me and I've been somewhat good to it cause I love driving it hard. Again, I wouldn't sell it. I had people offering me $14,000 CAD for it 4 years ago.

Favorite Features

Power, sound, performance, looks, and security I feel driving the AWD TALON. The car is mint, and I would have a hard time if I had to depart with it.

Suggested Improvements

None really. Besides the few trouble I had when I bought it (tranny, hard time shifting from second to third and vise versa) The car has been really good. I did a valve seal job and second timing belt at 145,000km.