Used 1992 Eagle Talon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

1992 Eagle Talon

View reviews for a specific Talon model:

Most Helpful|
4 Year 92 Talon owner
By Kevins92Talon

1992 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

If you want a Talon buy the one with the 16V engine or Turbo 16V.One thing I find inaccurate about Edmunds TMV on this car that it does not distingush the std. Chrysler made 1.8L engine and the Mitsubiti made 2.0L 16V engine in it's calculations for the TMV.Eagle Talons are almost an exact replica of the Mitsubiti Eclipse. Over all I recommend this car to anyone looking to buy a fun sports car that is economical,dependable and affordable.

Favorite Features

Handling, performance, economy(gas milage) styling

Suggested Improvements

Improved automatic trasmission. Mine slips. Better rims 3 of 4 of mine have become bent due to pot holes. Only car I've had with this problem

fast and fun, but unreliable
By jbchickenhead

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

i owned a 92 eagle talon TSi AWD untill about 3 months ago. the car was nothing but problems for me. i paid about 5500 for the car a little aver a year and a half ago. while it was very fun to drive, and the ability to smoke any civic is fun, the bad outwieghed the good. i put $1600 into a new tranny, $1500 into a new cylander head and timing belt, and then i threw a rod, which would have been at least $3000 to fix. that is with no performance parts on the car, i threw a rod, it is a poorly designed vehicle, panels rusted, despite constant waxing, when the car was babyed, still had problems.

Favorite Features

the turbo sound is awesome, the speed is great.

Suggested Improvements

everything, make stronger engine components. when the lancer EVO VII comes over here, with the 4g63 powerplant(same as the talons) and shows what a properly made mitsubishi engine can do, then we will see the actual reliability of the engine itself.

1992 TSI AWD
By 92TSI AWD

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought the car w/1477 miles on the odometer back in 11/92. While I think the performance is very good, reliability is an issue. I am currently on my 3rd transfer case - the first blew w/38,000 miles on it, the second at 79,000 miles. I have the car serviced regularly, use only synthetic fluids, change oil every 3,000 miles and all fluids every 24,000 so maintainace is not the issue.

Favorite Features

Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Strenghten the drivetrain! As other members of MDS.ORG can attest to: customers don't want to do R & D for the factory.

Surprised
By Thebeast431

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I was told before I bought this car that it is nothing but problems, but then I found out that this is because other DSM owners want you to think this so they can buy it and have a 2nd DSM. I have had mine for a few months now, no problems at all. Not as fast as my Z28, but just as much fun. AWD is fun to play with from a stop or cornering and the turbo noise and power is outstanding. I paid $2300 for mine in Novemeber of 2002 with 66k miles and with a K&N cone filter and aftermarket UICP. Low 13 second car with less than a $800 invested, you can't beat the performance.

Favorite Features

Turbo and turbo noise (obviouly), AWD is a must, easy to clean, comfortable, easy to work on (performance mods), all around performance.

Suggested Improvements

Don't matter, they stopped making them, but I would improve the stock radio, it sucks, but adventually you upgrade anyway, so don't worry about it.

Takes a Licking and Keeps on Ticking
By GotMach

1992 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

I have a non-turbo one and havent had a problem yet since the 25,000 miles I put on it. I beat on it hard and have only had to do the normal stuff to the car; oil changes, brakes, tires. Other than that it runs great and gets great gas mileage. I'm at 84,000 miles and still going. Good dependable work car.

Favorite Features

Acceleration! Zippy for a 4 cylinder.

Suggested Improvements

Only thing I do not like about the car is that it is too small. I feel cramped in it.