1992 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:
Fun like a gorgeous high-maint. wife
By Computer Geek on 05/14/09 06:42 AM (PDT)

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

From the test drive on, I loved it. It's fast, fun, fun and fun. Just like a gorgeous girlfriend, I loved taking it out and showing it off. Boy, I was a proud man. After a couple of years, I noticed that the alternator just didn't keep pace with the demands of electronics. I've gone through about 5 alternators & about 10 batteries. I'm now on my third water pump. I'm actually happy that the original starter is still working. What I'm trying to say is, keeping up with maintenance on this car has been more than what I expected. This is especially true of the need to replace the timing belt at regular intervals. It's a fun car but being married to her takes a lot of work!

great car
By coastsiDSM on 04/06/08 18:20 PM (PDT)

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I've owned a Jeep xj 4x4, a Mazda mx-6 (v6) and the talon, and it is by far the fastest, most reliable, fun car to drive/own.

1 quick car stock!
By Rcorlew on 04/05/05 12:39 PM (PDT)

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Being that this car is 13 years old things do go wrong. Bun if you are in to making horsepower and excellent handling, this is it. DSM's are some of the most amazing cars cars built and are fairly easy to modify for crazy amounts of horsepower.

Love my 92 Talon Tsi AWD Turbo
By davinci on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

After 12 years and 133,000 fun miles, it is still a great car to drive! Regretfully, I'm trading it in tomorrow. It is using a little oil now but otherwise is still purring as when it was new. It has a great throaty sound when the turbo kicks in and pushes you back in the seat. It loves the back roads but really slices down the freeway, too. I know I'm going to miss this car

Never Sell my TALON
By ETALONMAN on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

The car is FAST, beautiful, and I would say fairly reliable. I'm impressed with the quality of workman ship building it. Of course, every car has it's problems and I have to agree with a few people here that the tranny, and the valve seals (burning oil after idling for a while) have been a major maintence job. All in all, the car has been good to me and I've been somewhat good to it cause I love driving it hard. Again, I wouldn't sell it. I had people offering me $14,000 CAD for it 4 years ago.

1992 Eagle Talon Non Turbo
By rob6900 on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

Over all this car has been very good to me. I have had to do basic maintenance and a few bigger things like the timing belt and a valve job...but that can be expected at 260000 km. Its great

I love my Talon
By Maxximillion_199 on 08/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

I have had transmission troubles with my 5spd but the car treats you the way you treat it, I race my n/t car it has 130+whp with full exhaust and cold air intake! The turbo AWD guys cant figure out how I keep up so well, because they have 146whp dynoed stock to all fours while I save weight to just the two! The 90-99 Talon and 92-94 Laser are built equivalent to the Eclipse of the same year!

Surprised
By Thebeast431 on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I was told before I bought this car that it is nothing but problems, but then I found out that this is because other DSM owners want you to think this so they can buy it and have a 2nd DSM. I have had mine for a few months now, no problems at all. Not as fast as my Z28, but just as much fun. AWD is fun to play with from a stop or cornering and the turbo noise and power is outstanding. I paid $2300 for mine in Novemeber of 2002 with 66k miles and with a K&N cone filter and aftermarket UICP. Low 13 second car with less than a $800 invested, you can't beat the performance.

1992 TSI AWD
By 92TSI AWD on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought the car w/1477 miles on the odometer back in 11/92. While I think the performance is very good, reliability is an issue. I am currently on my 3rd transfer case - the first blew w/38,000 miles on it, the second at 79,000 miles. I have the car serviced regularly, use only synthetic fluids, change oil every 3,000 miles and all fluids every 24,000 so maintainace is not the issue.

Takes a Licking and Keeps on Ticking
By GotMach on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

I have a non-turbo one and havent had a problem yet since the 25,000 miles I put on it. I beat on it hard and have only had to do the normal stuff to the car; oil changes, brakes, tires. Other than that it runs great and gets great gas mileage. I'm at 84,000 miles and still going. Good dependable work car.