Used 1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Talon model:

Research
By CrazyCarl

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

It is a very nice car it has a lot of horse power.

take care of it
By DaddysGurl19

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I got this car with 70k miles and I'm not at 100000k. It came fully stocked and the car has been good to me. As long as you check up on your car and TAKE CARE OF IT, it will run just fine. It's great on the highway and very sporty and fun to drive. If you dont let it cool down or warm up in the mornings of course youre going to screw it up, which frankly you deserve. Like any other car you cant just run it into the ground.

Favorite Features

The front interior--cockpit style is very fun.

Suggested Improvements

Back seat space is a joke. The car is basically a 2 seater.

Buyer Beware
By See See

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought my car used and it always had a crappy tranny. I had my tranny work done under an aftermarket warrenty. Now it is in the shop getting the engine rebuilt and the syncros replaced in the tranny. The belt under the "bottom" of the timing belt screwed me up, so inspecting the timing belt doesn't really matter (in my case). I found a shop that works on nothing but Talons so that says it all but at least they will build a decent setup. Just in time for me to sell it.

Favorite Features

Turbo and AWD. This is the cheapest horsepower you can buy for the street.

Suggested Improvements

Window tracks/auto windows, clunky trany, build engine where if timing belt breaks doesn't send valves into pistons etc...

money money money
By boneybunion

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I traded in my 91 bronco for this thinking that the gas mileage would be excellent. It wasnt. I paded 4995 for it which was a good price because it only had about 90k. Whith in the first week I had it I had to take it in to the mechanic to fix a tranny leak $1,500. The cruise control doesnt work neither does the liter. Now theres an engine oil leak. When the turbo goes on theirs a grinding noise in the front right. It barely starts when its cold out. Theres tons of turbo lag. Also now when pushed to the floor it stalls. Dont get me wrong it handles great even at 140 mph (I have a radar detector) but if there is a extended waranty available get it.

Favorite Features

styling speed sound

Suggested Improvements

reliability, turbo lag, cd player

mchammond's talon
By mchammond2

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

My experience so far with my 1991 Talon has been okay. Except recently it has had a slight hesitation in the morning when taking off and shifting into different gears. Also the check engine light has came on and the car starts to shake and shutter then it tries to stall. I took it to a mechanic to have it computer anylized only to find out that the 1991 Eagle Talon doesn't have a memory in its computer, therefore I paid $50 for them to tell me that they couldn't get the code to the computer and the only way they could is if the check engine light stayed on. They told me that most likely it's one of the many sensors in the car.

Favorite Features

I like the look of the car and the sporty feel to it. It's a fun little car to cruise around fast in.

Suggested Improvements

The ashtray is in a bad spot, the back seat has no room at all. The front seats aren't very comfy. It feels like a major death trap. I wouldn't want to crash in it.