1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:
Research
By CrazyCarl on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

It is a very nice car it has a lot of horse power.

take care of it
By DaddysGurl19 on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I got this car with 70k miles and I'm not at 100000k. It came fully stocked and the car has been good to me. As long as you check up on your car and TAKE CARE OF IT, it will run just fine. It's great on the highway and very sporty and fun to drive. If you dont let it cool down or warm up in the mornings of course youre going to screw it up, which frankly you deserve. Like any other car you cant just run it into the ground.

Buyer Beware
By See See on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought my car used and it always had a crappy tranny. I had my tranny work done under an aftermarket warrenty. Now it is in the shop getting the engine rebuilt and the syncros replaced in the tranny. The belt under the "bottom" of the timing belt screwed me up, so inspecting the timing belt doesn't really matter (in my case). I found a shop that works on nothing but Talons so that says it all but at least they will build a decent setup. Just in time for me to sell it.

money money money
By boneybunion on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I traded in my 91 bronco for this thinking that the gas mileage would be excellent. It wasnt. I paded 4995 for it which was a good price because it only had about 90k. Whith in the first week I had it I had to take it in to the mechanic to fix a tranny leak $1,500. The cruise control doesnt work neither does the liter. Now theres an engine oil leak. When the turbo goes on theirs a grinding noise in the front right. It barely starts when its cold out. Theres tons of turbo lag. Also now when pushed to the floor it stalls. Dont get me wrong it handles great even at 140 mph (I have a radar detector) but if there is a extended waranty available get it.

mchammond's talon
By mchammond2 on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

My experience so far with my 1991 Talon has been okay. Except recently it has had a slight hesitation in the morning when taking off and shifting into different gears. Also the check engine light has came on and the car starts to shake and shutter then it tries to stall. I took it to a mechanic to have it computer anylized only to find out that the 1991 Eagle Talon doesn't have a memory in its computer, therefore I paid $50 for them to tell me that they couldn't get the code to the computer and the only way they could is if the check engine light stayed on. They told me that most likely it's one of the many sensors in the car.

take care of your car
By prevent matenence on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

i'm more than sick of people complainin about there mitsubishi engined cars breakin down cause of the timing belt or wining about the turbo. if u check your belt about once every 3 or 4 or months 20,000 miles at least odds are that u'll find the problem before u blow the head on your motor. checkin the belt isn't difficult its a total of four screws to remove. and if u turn your car off emediatly without lettin the intercooler on the turbo cool the turbo down of course your gonna wreck it u'll do that to any turbo. i bought my car with 107000 on it and it now has 190000.

The worst car i've ever owned.
By todrick on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

You've seen the movie, "The Money Pit", well, it could have been about the eagle talon. mine was the 1991 tsi AWD turbo. Problems and complaints, i will try and list briefly: many oil leaks, 2 clutches in 3 years, timing belt broke early causing head damage, numerous alternators, starter, unexplained engine revs that were not fixable by any mechanics, 2 oxygen sensors, failure of the factory alarm, etc. etc. besides that: bad gas mileage, poor visibility, car is too heavy, becomes a chore to drive for a smaller person, not very comfortable interior... please, do not buy an eagle/mistsubishi/plymouth product.

TSI
By TALONTSI on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I Love my Talon so much i bought 3 now, you can beat them on snow or dry gound, after a few times you can figure out most of the problems on your own, but beware, its imposable to find a mechanic that can work on them.

Nothin' but a LEMON
By Curlykicker on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Within 8k miles new, the windows wouldn't roll up on track. Took it into the dealer 7 times to get them fixed. They still don't work to this day and I have to "pull" them up. I did get it up to 135mph on my way to Colorado. The car ran very well for the first 60k miles. But the tranny had to be rebuilt soon thereafter. The timing belt went out around 120k and destroyed the engine which was then rebuilt. The tranny continues to shift roughly and grind. The A/C leaks and the cruise control no longer works. The black paint on the roof is faded white. The engine had to be replaced at 150k and it does not run well either and leaks oil.

Talon TSI....DREAMY
By jessmulder on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Eagle Talon Hatchback TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I've had only minimal problems related to having an older car. My car is loaded and being small I find it easy to drive because its sporty and compact. The previous owner had to replace the head gasket and the timing belt has been replaced twice. Other then that, everything has ran smoothly with this car.