1990 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:
Tampa Club DSM Review
By Cory on 11/10/05 00:42 AM (PST)

1990 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I've been building DSMs for three years now and my current '90 Talon has been, by far, my favorite build. This is not a consequence of superior build, but rather the availability of time and money to work on the project. I've restored this Talon to like-new condition (full engine rebuild, interior refurbishment, etc.) and built the car to *hopefully* run high-twelve-second quarter miles. Incidentally, the project is entitled "Project Reliable" because it is intended to debunk the myth that DSMs are unreliable. I intend to prove that it is a matter of maintenance and build quality on the part of the owner, not the manufacturer, that determines the ultimate fate of any race-built vehicle.

Eagle Talon
By onecoolkat on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

178,000 miles and still has a load of ZIP!. Plus really decent fuel mileage, especially for the power it puts forth, C'mon 2L's competing with 5.0 Fords! Word of warning though is for finding mechanics for anything really, everyone seems to not want to work on it in small towns, and when you do find a place that will... it will cost too much, so if you find one you like, check out the things you want first... ie:Air conditiong, etc...