1990 Eagle Talon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:
isn't it awesome?
By Kirstie@Edmunds on 04/17/14 12:28 PM (PDT)

1990 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

This isn't a real review. Readers shouldn't read it... I don't think

1990 Basic Eagle Talon Review
By pt_crusier on 08/29/10 19:20 PM (PDT)

1990 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

Purchased new in 1990, still own and only 15,000 miles on it, styling ahead of its time, my Batmobile cockpit. Black cherry with a black top. Love driving it real good cruiser. Only issues I have had with it is a $800 dollar clutch pedal replacement, present have a soft clutch pedal hoping it is an easy fix. Spent most of its life so far as a garage queen, in good shape for the year with all the original parts and original tires. The base model had a lot of nice features for the $. The only thing I wish I had was air , very noisy with the windows down. The car is still a head turner after 20 years, sporty, sexy and fast looking, one hot little sports coupe.

2009 still own my 1990 Eagle Talon
By 1990 Basic Model on 11/24/09 15:24 PM (PST)

1990 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

Purchased mine new to replace a Pontiac Sunbird hatchback. Talon was ahead of it's time, a real head turner, great styling inside and out. wrap around angled cockpit gave you the feeling you were driving the Batmobile. Everything feel soild- you can hear the thunk when you close the doors. The two tone colors (mine is black cherry body & black top)was available in the Talon and the Eclipse. Mine ended up being a garage queen, cause I didn't want to get it all nicked up being outside. It presently has ( from 1990-2009) less than 15,000 miles. The back seat foot area is real small, making it feel more like the sports car it really is, a smaller muscle car than those of the 70's-80's.

I love my car
By david on 09/30/06 01:42 AM (PDT)

1990 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Bought my car and love it more everyday.

Dsm
By DSM GUY on 04/28/06 19:12 PM (PDT)

1990 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Amazing performer, very comfortable. reliable as long as it is driven right. Quick, fast, strong pull off the line.

Tampa Club DSM Review
By Cory on 11/10/05 00:42 AM (PST)

1990 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I've been building DSMs for three years now and my current '90 Talon has been, by far, my favorite build. This is not a consequence of superior build, but rather the availability of time and money to work on the project. I've restored this Talon to like-new condition (full engine rebuild, interior refurbishment, etc.) and built the car to *hopefully* run high-twelve-second quarter miles. Incidentally, the project is entitled "Project Reliable" because it is intended to debunk the myth that DSMs are unreliable. I intend to prove that it is a matter of maintenance and build quality on the part of the owner, not the manufacturer, that determines the ultimate fate of any race-built vehicle.

Woo Hoo!
By davidscott on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

Turbo, AWD, leather! A great sports car for a Canadian climate. With some modifications, this car would beat nearly anything on the road. Amazing handling in the snow. Very fun to drive an very reliable despite thrashing the car every time behind the wheel. Very easy to modify to increase hp. Sweet turbo whistle followed by huge power.

Eagle Talon
By Richard Brown on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Eagle Talon 2dr Hatchback

Fun to be in, fast acceleration, and can easily be upgraded.

Eagle Talon
By onecoolkat on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback

178,000 miles and still has a load of ZIP!. Plus really decent fuel mileage, especially for the power it puts forth, C'mon 2L's competing with 5.0 Fords! Word of warning though is for finding mechanics for anything really, everyone seems to not want to work on it in small towns, and when you do find a place that will... it will cost too much, so if you find one you like, check out the things you want first... ie:Air conditiong, etc...

Love it
By mleger on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo 2dr Hatchback AWD

I've owned my Talon for 4 years now, and am really happy with the performance of the car, and it's reliability. It's a ton of fun to drive in all weather conditions, and still looks good 14 years after it was first released. I have replaced the turbo, not an inexpensive thing to replace, but other than that, no other major repairs.