Used 1995 Eagle Summit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Eagle Summit - Consumer Reviews

1995 Eagle Summit

View reviews for a specific Summit model:

Lovin the summit!
By krkb01

1995 Eagle Summit ESi 2dr Coupe

Well, I have only had my 2-dr.ESi for a few months now, but I drive in excess of 500 kms a day, and I have not had a problem yet. Even at these high gas prices, I am not shelling out my paycheque for gas! Other than the road noise, i find this little puddle jumper to be everything you want it to be. The only other thing is the placement of the drink holders, right in front of the ashtray, so you cant use the ashtray when you have even one drink there! But if you don't smoke then this is of no concern! loL!

Favorite Features

Probably the simplicity of the car, nothing is power other than steering and mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

I'd say just sound proofing the car better to cut down on the road noise.

Eagle Wagon
By Ron

1995 Eagle Summit LX 4dr Wagon

Overall good car. Weak transmission however. Has had two re-builds. Has not deterred me from driving. Have not found a newer car with the same versatility and cargo capacity for its size. Easy to drive in city and comfortable on trips.

Favorite Features

Huge interior. I have even hauled washers, dryers, dishwashers, even an 8 foot long counter-top home. Inside with the hatch shut.

Suggested Improvements

Auto transmission's lubricating system poorly designed. Unusual for a Japanese mainland built vehicle.

Great utility vehicle
By manorchurch

1995 Eagle Summit DL 4dr Wagon

Outstanding reliability. Change the oil, oil filter, air filter on schedule, and run a bottle of injector cleaner through the tank once every 5000 miles. Absolutely no mechanical failures whatsoever. Only replacements have been the front disc brake pads. Versatile, cargo-capable, nimble and perfect visibility from the drivers seat. Not a race-car, but it goes as fast as needed, and accelerates to freeway speeds without complaint. Put the backseat down, and I carried 4 55 gallon drums, two on top, two in the back. Better than a van for gas and maneuverability. Ugly, but a great little car.

Favorite Features

Adjustable tie-points on the roof rack. Simplicity of interior.

So good, we bought a 2nd!!!
By Johnnypro

1995 Eagle Summit DL 4dr Wagon

Great little car/van. I'm a musician, as is my wife. She used it once when her Escort wagon was out of gas and immediately asked me to find her one. Hers now has 112,000 miles and a bit of rust out, mine has 132,000 and is rust free. Go figure. back seat folds forward and gives you much more room that a Caravan with 3rd seat out. Pulling back seat out gives 6 feet of cargo space. Great economy (30 mpg on the road) and reliability. Mine has needed NO major work in 4 years (Brakes only). My wife's needed a water pump. Timing belt and idler were replaced at that time which corrected a noisy engine problem.

Favorite Features

Smll...EZ to park ands drive. Handles well. Huge cargo space for it's size. Extremely reliable. Comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Rear hatch latch tends to rust and stick. I've lubed both cars many times and both need it again. Anemic performance with 1.8L and A/C on, but 16 valves and a heavy foot make it go.

Great AWD vehicle!
By beemilker

1995 Eagle Summit 4dr Wagon AWD

Very reliable. I bought my wagon with 84000 miles, I now have 115000 miles and I have only done basic maintenance and changed the water pump. It starts every time. Snow is no problem for this vehicle - the AWD is great. Gas mileage suffers a little from being AWD but it's worth the trade off in a snowy environment.

Favorite Features

Six feet of space behind the front seat if the back seat is removed. Great for camping!