1995 Eagle Summit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Summit model:
Lovin the summit!
By krkb01 on 10/06/09 03:22 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Summit ESi 2dr Coupe

Well, I have only had my 2-dr.ESi for a few months now, but I drive in excess of 500 kms a day, and I have not had a problem yet. Even at these high gas prices, I am not shelling out my paycheque for gas! Other than the road noise, i find this little puddle jumper to be everything you want it to be. The only other thing is the placement of the drink holders, right in front of the ashtray, so you cant use the ashtray when you have even one drink there! But if you don't smoke then this is of no concern! loL!

Eagle Wagon
By Ron on 09/25/07 11:16 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Summit LX 4dr Wagon

Overall good car. Weak transmission however. Has had two re-builds. Has not deterred me from driving. Have not found a newer car with the same versatility and cargo capacity for its size. Easy to drive in city and comfortable on trips.

Great utility vehicle
By manorchurch on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Summit DL 4dr Wagon

Outstanding reliability. Change the oil, oil filter, air filter on schedule, and run a bottle of injector cleaner through the tank once every 5000 miles. Absolutely no mechanical failures whatsoever. Only replacements have been the front disc brake pads. Versatile, cargo-capable, nimble and perfect visibility from the drivers seat. Not a race-car, but it goes as fast as needed, and accelerates to freeway speeds without complaint. Put the backseat down, and I carried 4 55 gallon drums, two on top, two in the back. Better than a van for gas and maneuverability. Ugly, but a great little car.

So good, we bought a 2nd!!!
By Johnnypro on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Summit DL 4dr Wagon

Great little car/van. I'm a musician, as is my wife. She used it once when her Escort wagon was out of gas and immediately asked me to find her one. Hers now has 112,000 miles and a bit of rust out, mine has 132,000 and is rust free. Go figure. back seat folds forward and gives you much more room that a Caravan with 3rd seat out. Pulling back seat out gives 6 feet of cargo space. Great economy (30 mpg on the road) and reliability. Mine has needed NO major work in 4 years (Brakes only). My wife's needed a water pump. Timing belt and idler were replaced at that time which corrected a noisy engine problem.

Great AWD vehicle!
By beemilker on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Summit 4dr Wagon AWD

Very reliable. I bought my wagon with 84000 miles, I now have 115000 miles and I have only done basic maintenance and changed the water pump. It starts every time. Snow is no problem for this vehicle - the AWD is great. Gas mileage suffers a little from being AWD but it's worth the trade off in a snowy environment.

echhhhh
By Torie on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Eagle Summit ESi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in June. By August, it was leaking oil. Then it started to leak antifreeze. The power steering and ac belt continually broke and no one could figure out why any of this was happening. It went kaputt in November.

Decent little car
By jambei on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Eagle Summit DL 2dr Coupe

I didn't have high expectations when I bought this car and I've now owned it for five years and it has 92,000 miles and runs great. I drove a Honda Civic before this car and was suprised to find the Summit quite peppy. The only major problem the car has is with certain components rusting. The rotors rust very easily for some reason and I've had to replace them a couple of times. The radiator also had to be replaced. Other than that, I haven't done anything to it that is not routine maintenance. Mine is a standard and it drives and handles great.