Used 1994 Eagle Summit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Eagle Summit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Summit model:

Best car I ever owned.
By jlf

1994 Eagle Summit DL 4dr Wagon

Bought this car new in 1994. Over the years, drove it hard. Did routine maintenance when due. Replaced 3 timing belts, the accessory belts 2 times, 1 alternator, normal replacements of expendables like tires, batteries, brake pads. I live in MN, where we use tons of salt each winter. Only in the last year has the body started to rust. Other than that, it has the original engine and manual tranny, neither of which ever has been opened. Synchros still work, and it uses no oil. It is criminal that these cars no longer are available in the US. Bring these cars back! This vehicle was the same as the 3-door Mitsubishi Expo. Mitsubishi should aggressively market them.

Fabulous hauling capacity. I have the roof rack and a welded-in hitch. Great car for hauling personal belongings and materials for projects. I can stuff in ten 8-foot 2x4s and close all the doors and windows.

I wish the DL had offered a power window option. Also same for cruise control. I miss those. Other than that, nada.

Great little car
By Foo Fighter

1994 Eagle Summit ESi 2dr Coupe

I am parting with my Eagle Summit ESI after 140,000 miles. I originally bought it for my wife to commute to school. It cost $10,000 and was paid off in a year. After she got pregnant in 1998 I bought a larger "safer" car and I started driving this little puddle jumper. I wasn't thrilled about inheriting this car but it won me over through driving fun (upgraded suspension and manual transmission) and reliability. This car has never broken down...in 140,000 miles NEVER. It still hasn't needed a clutch or exhaust or any major engine components. I keep the oil in it and flush & fill the radiator yearly and the thing just keeps on running. Well worth the money.

Great reliability...this car will run past 200,000 miles with minimum upkeep.

Too bad there weren't sportier versions of this car in America earlier. It is the Mitsubishi Lancer world wide.

good car/great price
By cimil

1994 Eagle Summit LX 4dr Sedan

This was my first car purchase. As is always the case, I wanted to get the best car possible for my money...which was not much at the time. I've had my '94 eagle Summit for over 7 years now and have had no problems with it. It is an economy car that I have been very pleased with.

I like it's reliability and it's fuel economy. I typically get 31 to 33 mpg on highway and city drives.

As an economy car, noise is typically a problem. If the noise could be lessened without drastically increasing the price it would be well worth it.