Eagle1993
By Eagle1993 on
1993 Eagle Summit ES 2dr Coupe
I bought this car as my first. I purchased it with only 112,000 km on it. In the last year I have put about 40,000 km on it. It was in good shape when I got it, but it seemed that everything wanted to go wrong. I have replaced: radiator, water pump, plugs, belts, oil pan, all engine gaskets and seals, timing, exhaust several times, lights which the dumb car keeps blowing, and the list goes on and on. The interior overall is designed good but the material on the seats was cheap and it came apart in the seams. It is however a reliable car if you can keep up with costly repairs, and they are costly cause it comes with a Mitsubishi engine.
Favorite Features
Fuel efficient, that's all I can say. Not very oil efficient. And believe me or not, I truely babied this car.
Suggested Improvements
Don't even think about putting a subwoofer in it because it rattles apart, all panels rattle inside and there is no possible way to remove them. Also, 4' paper cone speakers in the dash were a drag. And no matter what I do I can not get rid of annoying engine tick!!! Belts squeal on EVERY model.