Used 1993 Eagle Summit Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Eagle Summit - Consumer Reviews

1993 Eagle Summit Coupe

View reviews for a specific Summit model:

Eagle1993
By Eagle1993

1993 Eagle Summit Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as my first. I purchased it with only 112,000 km on it. In the last year I have put about 40,000 km on it. It was in good shape when I got it, but it seemed that everything wanted to go wrong. I have replaced: radiator, water pump, plugs, belts, oil pan, all engine gaskets and seals, timing, exhaust several times, lights which the dumb car keeps blowing, and the list goes on and on. The interior overall is designed good but the material on the seats was cheap and it came apart in the seams. It is however a reliable car if you can keep up with costly repairs, and they are costly cause it comes with a Mitsubishi engine.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficient, that's all I can say. Not very oil efficient. And believe me or not, I truely babied this car.

Suggested Improvements

Don't even think about putting a subwoofer in it because it rattles apart, all panels rattle inside and there is no possible way to remove them. Also, 4' paper cone speakers in the dash were a drag. And no matter what I do I can not get rid of annoying engine tick!!! Belts squeal on EVERY model.

I loved this car
By mamasplat

1993 Eagle Summit Coupe DL 2dr Coupe

I bought the car in 1995 off the lot. It had 75000 miles on it when I bought it. I loved this car. never left on the side of the road, and it was never in the shop besides oil changes. The only major thing that I had to replace is the clutch, which doesn't suprise me, when I bought the car, I didn't know how to drive clutch, and I learned in that car, and taught about 3 different people how to drive clutch as well. I swear I would still have the car to this day if I wouldn't have totaled it in an accident. (which that happened three days after I put in the new clutch) ha, ha.

Favorite Features

comfortable inside, reliable, no major engine problems, would buy another one if given the chance

Suggested Improvements

the seat started coming apart at the seam, the a/c needed more freeon, and the seat belts didn't retrack properly (was on recall for that problem)