Used 1991 Eagle Summit Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Eagle Summit - Consumer Reviews

1991 Eagle Summit

View reviews for a specific Summit model:

Been a great car to me
By mochalite

1991 Eagle Summit 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle new in 1991 and it has been a reliable workhorse ever since. I'll probably keep it until it takes its last breath. I've taken excellent care of it. (The interior looks just about as good as the day I brought it home) It's only been in the shop a few times in 12 years for things other than routine maintenance. Sure, it doesnt' have a lot of extras but it's been a dependable car that gets me where I need to go and hasn't drained my bank account in repairs.

Favorite Features

Interior: I've had no problems with it at all. Upholstery looks great, knobs and handles are all still attached and working, carpet's in good shape, etc.

Suggested Improvements

It is what it is: an affordable basic vehicle with almost no extras (no power steering, no power windows, doesn't even have a clock) so to suggest any improvement at all would make it something it's not

its the best race car i got
By ernesto

1991 Eagle Summit 2dr Hatchback

i think this car is awwwwesome i modified it a little like painted a few things red inside to match the car i got a new stick shifter and i was able to install lights in to it easily than my eclipse i love the hatch i keeps my bass system all good and i could install a cd player in a few hours. this cr is awesome i garenty that this car is a great race car t give for your kide like my dad di im only 16 so.

Favorite Features

the easy to modify interior and the hatch

Suggested Improvements

make the tire area bigger maybe 3 more inches

Not too bad
By D'andre

1991 Eagle Summit ES 2dr Hatchback

The car was very reliable after a few minor adjustments. I wasn't that big on the body style and look, but it got me where I was going. It was a perfect car to drive back and forth to work and school.

Favorite Features

I liked the hatch. Not the body style, but the hatch. It was perfect for my speakers and subs. The design also helped the bass hit harder while I drove.

Suggested Improvements

As long as the body and engine are well kept, the look is fine. Just add some new chrome or alloy wheels and it's a good car.

aww hell naw...
By undercoverbrother

1991 Eagle Summit ES 2dr Hatchback

This car is whack! Don't ever drive a piece of junk like this if you can avoid it. It's aiight if you like no a/c, a weak stereo system, and a real ugly car. I just drove it back and forth to work and school. What can I say, I'm a broke college kid.

Favorite Features

Um... well there really were no favorite features to list in this section. It was red.

Suggested Improvements

To improve this car, get help. Lots and lots of help. And money too, cause you will need it. Everything from the stereo to the wheels will need to be replaced or modified to make this car worth anything.

Best car ever
By shana

1991 Eagle Summit ES 4dr Sedan

This is the best car i have ever owned. very reliable, drove back and forth from collage to work. Very good mileage 25 miles to the gallon.

Favorite Features

Great mileage very reliable

Suggested Improvements

none great car