Used 2008 Dodge Viper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Viper model:

Mad Fun
By Doug

2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Coupe (8.4L 10cyl 6M)

What interested me in the Viper was performance from a front engined car. My Viper has an all out hold on pure race feel. Inside is a little cramped at first feel with scary blindspots, but the option of turbo upgrade that will flat out out accelerate anything ( If of course you can keep the rubber on the ground. I'm enjoying? Thanks Dodge.

danger!
By bundas

2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.4L 10cyl 6M)

first viper, second new car. @70 very unstable, needs traction control. stepped out of 550 maranello to drive this home, scary experience. seats too close to steering wheel. need optional 2" lower railing

No complaints here
By Rick530

2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Coupe (8.4L 10cyl 6M)

Bought the car out of VA, flew back, picked it up and headed home to California. Drove it almost 3000 miles with NO problems. Outran 2 tornadoes in Oklahoma. Has to be the most fun car to drive I've ever been in. Did I mention the looks ya get when in one of these... Buy one and you'll see. Now it just needs some upgrades from Hennessey.

Everything

nothing

great
By fred

2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Coupe (8.4L 10cyl 6M)

it's is a good vehicle and great handling and stuff like that. gas mileage is ok but not the best of the best

dvd

dsgv

Not for the faint of heart
By Jason

2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Coupe (8.4L 10cyl 6M)

This is probably the most extreme car I have ever owned. The acceleration of this car is unbelievable, and the attention it receives rivals that of any other exotic car I have seen. The fuel economy average I have seen is about 13mpg, and getting into and out of the car is not very easy, but other than that, I don't see why this car could not be a daily driver. I will definitely have at least 12,000 miles a year on this car.

Shifter is positive, clutch feel is not overly stiff, and the steering has lots of resistance.

The largest complaint I have would be easier entry into the car, and maybe improved plastics or the use of suede inside the car, would help improve the look of the interior.