Used 2006 Dodge Viper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Viper model:

2006 Viper
By dehydra8td

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Coupe (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I'm sure there are good Vipers out there but unfortunately mine has seen the shop over 29 times. Chrysler Customer Service is not helpful and the district manager (Tampa) will not return any phone calls. I have a large book of service documentation showing all the problems this vehicle has and Dodge will not do anything about it. After dealing with their customer service for over year I'm giving up and buying something else, they won! I know there are sometimes lemons and I can accept that. What I cannot accept is how Dodges customer service operates and the lack of responsibility they take over such vehicles.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

This vehicle has numerous electrical problems not to mention the paint clear coat is peeling and the vehicle sits in the garage. It's on the third motor. Unfortunately they keep replacing the short block but something is wrong with the heads. Make sure and conduct research before purchasing a Viper.

2006 Viper
By Joe M

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The most awsome car I have ever owned. Used to be a Vette guy. I have had 1st and 2nd gen Vipers and just bought a 2006. Could not believe this car. Build quality is surprising. Ride is almost too smooth for a Viper. Power is never ending. I hope they decide to keep building them... Save your money and buy one. You only live once.....

Favorite Features

Power, looks, handling, Where do you want me to start.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe traction control...Keep producing this car....

Fast, fast car
By viperman

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Sweet. This car is amazing. It is so beautiful and is extremely powerful. I would not trade it for the world. It is my absolute favorite car ever.

Favorite Features

Speed! It is extremely fast and has good handling.

Suggested Improvements

None, keep what your doing. And they are raising the horsepower up to 600 hp in the year 2009.

Touch of Exotic Class
By WINSTON LAXAMANA

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

When first looking at it, it seems to be too wild. I never expected it to be very pleasant and smooth, but it is very, very comfortable as far as the shifter and the way the angles of mechanisms are placed. It has a very nice smooth tone to its speed. The cornering is excellent. I used to have an M3, never felt happy with it, now I am very happy with my Viper. I haven't come across one like my car. It is fast. I went up over 60 miles per hour just in second gear. The critics are wrong, maybe they are too old to drive this beast of the road

Favorite Features

I like the fact that it has a lot of power and torque to offer. The engine revs nice and smooth even with the power screaming at you. The body style is a jackpot. The car looks like a million bucks.I am not impressed with the interior, but the seats, they are the bomb, so comfortable .

Suggested Improvements

Maybe the interior as far as maybe putting some carbon fiber looks, or maybe a better facia on the dash. Cupholders? We all need some coffee or soda with our drive. Power roof maybe? It is beautiful inside, but the lighting needs to all match. It's got 4 colors of light, maybe just red and white?

Viper SRT10
By Jason

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Great Car, good handling. It can use traction control to help inexperienced drivers. The suspension is great on smooth roads, however it does get a bit harsh on the Michigan roads.

Favorite Features

Power

Suggested Improvements

Free flowing exhaust and more power, it about 400lbs too heavy