2006 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Viper model:
2006 Viper
By dehydra8td on 02/21/10 17:44 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Coupe (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I'm sure there are good Vipers out there but unfortunately mine has seen the shop over 29 times. Chrysler Customer Service is not helpful and the district manager (Tampa) will not return any phone calls. I have a large book of service documentation showing all the problems this vehicle has and Dodge will not do anything about it. After dealing with their customer service for over year I'm giving up and buying something else, they won! I know there are sometimes lemons and I can accept that. What I cannot accept is how Dodges customer service operates and the lack of responsibility they take over such vehicles.

2006 Viper
By Joe M on 11/17/09 20:26 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The most awsome car I have ever owned. Used to be a Vette guy. I have had 1st and 2nd gen Vipers and just bought a 2006. Could not believe this car. Build quality is surprising. Ride is almost too smooth for a Viper. Power is never ending. I hope they decide to keep building them... Save your money and buy one. You only live once.....

Fast, fast car
By viperman on 01/02/07 19:07 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Sweet. This car is amazing. It is so beautiful and is extremely powerful. I would not trade it for the world. It is my absolute favorite car ever.

Touch of Exotic Class
By WINSTON LAXAMANA on 09/13/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

When first looking at it, it seems to be too wild. I never expected it to be very pleasant and smooth, but it is very, very comfortable as far as the shifter and the way the angles of mechanisms are placed. It has a very nice smooth tone to its speed. The cornering is excellent. I used to have an M3, never felt happy with it, now I am very happy with my Viper. I haven't come across one like my car. It is fast. I went up over 60 miles per hour just in second gear. The critics are wrong, maybe they are too old to drive this beast of the road

Viper SRT10
By Jason on 06/23/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Great Car, good handling. It can use traction control to help inexperienced drivers. The suspension is great on smooth roads, however it does get a bit harsh on the Michigan roads.

Exhaust sound
By Besty on 06/06/06 22:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Coupe (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Bought my first Viper Coupe, a 2006, Wednesday, the 31st of May 2006. Car no. 59. Traded in my 2004 Z06 Corvette. The Corvette was awsome but quite docile compared to the Viper. The Viper's natural fit when you shut the door is amazing. The shifter is where it sould be, the pedals are adjustable to fit your personal preference and the handling is amazing. The only detraction from the Viper is the exhaust sound. The Corvette was far better because of the rear-exit exhaust. The Vipers exhaust goes through side pipes that gets vey hot. The Viper is a far better, truer sports car than the Corvette. It rides rough but with 13 inch tires on the back that the way it should ride. Amazing!

The awsomew Copper Head viper
By sandy on 03/01/06 18:15 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This car is a real neck snapper. It is so stunning that drivers and pedestrians have to look while they are driving or walking. The acceleration pins you in the seat. The exhaust is properly tuned.

Coupe 2006
By jamie on 11/10/05 21:35 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Coupe (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Compared to the SRT convertable, this is tighter, quieter and more solid. The car is brutal for those who havent driven one. Not much creature comforts, but tons of torque and HP. Smooth ride, very tight handling, and awesome if not the best brakes of any car. Spin the tires with ease, If you like attention, this is your car, thumbs up everywhere you go, unlike the corvette, which hardly gets a second look, I have both.

Best car ever!!
By ocivictuner5 on 10/05/05 13:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Coupe (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought this car a little while ago, and i couldn't be any happier. It makes me so excited to drive, it's my 4th car and I love it. No car better on the road.

Best car for the money
By TM on 09/15/05 09:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Convertible (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The Viper (this is my third) is the most powerful driving experience on the road. Even if there are faster cars out there, there is nothing more powerful. The torque and horsepower combination make it easy to drive around town without any effort, and then explode down the road at the first sign of daylight. Get one and I promise you will NEVER regret it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.