2005 Dodge Viper Consumer Review: Viper MAMBA Edition owner

2005 Dodge Viper - Consumer Review

Viper MAMBA Edition owner
By David Z on

2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have built supercharged camaros and nitros-fed builds as well. I have road raced and autocrossed all of my vehicles. The Viper is HANDS DOWN the best performing car I have ever driven and this also includes a supercharged C6 Vette. Fuel mileage is weaker when you race it and drive it hard. Otherwise, it has the fuel economy of a V8 in my opinion. It is comparable to my Camaro honestly. This car holds the road like nothing you'll ever drive. The tires are actually wider than a Lamborghini's. I also work on the car myself and I have to say the build quality is superb. I am 6'2 so some more leg room would be nice, but oh well. PERFECT SPORTS CAR!!

The power jerk you get when you gun it in ANY gear. You could be going 20mph or 130mph... if you punch it, you'll feel it! Just the raw power this car has must be respected. The sound system is great for a convertible... better than my $125k Jaguar. The seats are amazing and give a great ride.

More leg room for taller owners. I'm 6'2 and it's not a problem for me... it would just be nicer. Parts are expensive!!! Don't use rivets on the belly pan underneath the vehicle. Unnecessary and take forever to drill out. Other than that, PERFECT vehicle. Absolutely stunning.