Used 2005 Dodge Viper Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible

SRT-10 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual - (39 reviews )

Most Helpful|
I Loathe this car
By Historymaker

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

In owning several sports cars, I have found this to be one of the least reliable and most uncomfortable rides that I have ever experienced. I will never own a Dodge Viper again, unless maybe it was given to me.

Suggested Improvements

Make it more comfortable

Ken's Viper Review
By Ken

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This is my second Viper. I had a 2002, the older body style convertible RT/10. Although I loved the 2002, the new Viper SRT/10 has some significant improvements, particularly in the exterior design and the interior. Performance, as with the 2002, is spine tingling.

Favorite Features

Exterior design and wonderful performance.

Suggested Improvements

Better covertible top down system. Would also like cruise control and heads up display.

Car of my dreams
By Nei Stearns DMD

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The most fun car I've ever owned. I had a 2000 Corvette coupe and a 2002 Zo6 Vette.Both were great cars but felt like any normal car. The Viper give me the excitment and fun I was looking for! To drive this car makes you feel alive.This is a car that you have to drive and control. The power and acceleration reminds me of taking off on a jet airliner!

Favorite Features

Looks, power, great looking engine compartment. The exhaust note turns heads like no other car. Few and far between limited production

Suggested Improvements

Could use power seats,thats it !

Viper MAMBA Edition owner
By David Z

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have built supercharged camaros and nitros-fed builds as well. I have road raced and autocrossed all of my vehicles. The Viper is HANDS DOWN the best performing car I have ever driven and this also includes a supercharged C6 Vette. Fuel mileage is weaker when you race it and drive it hard. Otherwise, it has the fuel economy of a V8 in my opinion. It is comparable to my Camaro honestly. This car holds the road like nothing you'll ever drive. The tires are actually wider than a Lamborghini's. I also work on the car myself and I have to say the build quality is superb. I am 6'2 so some more leg room would be nice, but oh well. PERFECT SPORTS CAR!!

Favorite Features

The power jerk you get when you gun it in ANY gear. You could be going 20mph or 130mph... if you punch it, you'll feel it! Just the raw power this car has must be respected. The sound system is great for a convertible... better than my $125k Jaguar. The seats are amazing and give a great ride.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for taller owners. I'm 6'2 and it's not a problem for me... it would just be nicer. Parts are expensive!!! Don't use rivets on the belly pan underneath the vehicle. Unnecessary and take forever to drill out. Other than that, PERFECT vehicle. Absolutely stunning.

Whooooa!
By Brett

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I've owned my Dodge Viper SRT-10 for about 12 months now. I've owned over 16 cars and this is by far the most powerful, awe-inspiring, attention getting, like you are at an amusement park fun to drive car I have ever experience. The value of this car when comparing price to performance is simply unbeatable. This in not an everyday driver, but is great fun on the weekends and coastal trips. For the automotive enthusiasts the Viper SRT-10 is a must have.

Favorite Features

Engine, Power, Torque, exclusivity.

Suggested Improvements

Add Nav system and Sirius Satellite as options.