Used 2005 Dodge Viper Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

SRT-10 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual - (39 reviews )

Viper SRT 10
By Viper owner

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Super fun car to drive. fast acceleration, top speed, and great breaking. Super red color. Great engine with outstanding 500 horsepower engine. Love the lights. Seats could use some work, so does the transmission but other then that it is a super car.

Lights, engine, and exterior looks

Transmission and seats

viper srt 10
By Viper owner

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Super fun car to drive. Fast acceleration, top speed, and great braking. super red color. great engine with outstanding 500 horsepower engine. Love the lights. Seats could use some work, so does the transmission but other then that it is a super car.

Lights, engine, and exterior looks

Transmission and seats

Americas Supercar
By Gary

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Say what you wish but this is the second Viper Roadster I have owned and I cannot wait to drive the car whenever I can (which is never often enough). It has astounding adrenalin dripping acceleration, with much improved handling over previous models. Seat to wheel to pedal reach is now so much better and much more comfortable also. Biggest problem I find is that you cannot take it anywhere (i.e. when you go to a nice restaurant etc.) as it atttacts so many people and unfortunately there are very few people today who have respect for others property so they tend to climb all over it with greasy hands and zippered clothing etc. Enough said, save what you can and go buy one, new or used. Enjoy.

Styling, speed, handling, fun factor, pretty much everything.

Seats are not really comfortable for anyone over 140lbs. The old seats were much more comfortable because the new ones are not as wide and really push your shoulders forward to the point of being annoying if you drive more than 30 minutes. My fault for being a manly man I guess and I am no fatty.

Best Viper I've owned yet!
By Mopar Fanatic

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This is my 4th Viper and compared, (especially with price in mind) to my new Ford GT, hands down a winner. Convertible, American, Muscle and drop dead gorgeous at half the price (with out the additional 65K over sticker I paid for my GT), I have only one complaint! It is more predictable at, at the limit driving than my other Viper's but have owned several other cars ( other than Viper's) that communicated what they where doing a helluva a lot better. Also does not draw as much attention as I would have thought, but, that's just a side note.

Torque, and great projector lamps as well as a lot more room for the taller crowd compared to previous generation. Also great pedals for heel and toe driving.

After 13 years the only thing that still plagues this car is the extreme amount of heat that still come's through the foot well and tranny gunnel (especially sitting in Miami traffic).

DAVID'S CHOICE
By DAVID

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I LOVE THE DODGE VIPER ,I TOOK IT TO CENTRAL AMERICA AND BACK TO N.Y.C. THE CAR WAS VERY RELIABLE,FAST,CONFORTABLE AND ENJOYABLE I HAVE 2 VERSIONS OF THE VIPER AND PLAN TO HAVE MORE IF NEWER ONES ARE MADE I ALSO HAVE TO SAY THAT THE PRICE IS VERY REASONABLE FOR AN AMAZING CAR. THANK YOU! DAVID

BODY STYLE