Used 2005 Dodge Viper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

SRT-10 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual - (39 reviews )

Viper, unbelieveable driving experience
By cebernstein

2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This is an affordable exotic car. More power than you will ever know what to do with. So far, I've had no troubles with the vehicle. It is truly a pleasure to drive, and will get you noticed everywhere you go.

Favorite Features

The seats wrap around you, the stereo is great, handling is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

I would prefer the exhaust be routed through the back of the vehicle instead of the sides, and the shifter is a little high.

Ken's Viper Review
By Ken

2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This is my second Viper. I had a 2002, the older body style convertible RT/10. Although I loved the 2002, the new Viper SRT/10 has some significant improvements, particularly in the exterior design and the interior. Performance, as with the 2002, is spine tingling.

Favorite Features

Exterior design and wonderful performance.

Suggested Improvements

Better covertible top down system. Would also like cruise control and heads up display.

It'll knock your socks off!
By Ooomph

2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Being a former Vette owner let me tell you there is NO comparison. This is a street legal race-car, period. Whether you're hunting TT Porsches, 360's or whatever, this car will easily even out the playing field. You want comfort? Buy a Caddy. If you want to make old ladies dive for the emergency lane as you pass at 65mph still in 1st gear, buy the Viper. This car may not be the fastest, quickest or slickest but it sure does rank high in all of those categories! How many other bone- stock American made cars will hit 160mph in 4th -- in less than a half- mile? I love my Bright Silver Metallic Viper SRT-10! (my wife hates it...jealousy!)

Favorite Features

Motor, exhaust note and those massive 345's out back (widest production vehicle tire in the world)!

Suggested Improvements

Manufacture the Viper with headers vs. the stock exhaust manifold & delete the crossover pipe to reduce interior cabin temps. Top down in Phoenix or New Mexico during the summer is a recipe for heat exhaustion.

EXCELLENT
By dodge_girl

2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This is the best car ever! It is very fast,cool,and did I mention fast? I would only recamend it for very experienced drivers like myself. Altough this car is very expencive it is so awesome. When I am just driving down the street I get good looks from people and very many comments like nice ride or awesome wheels. This car is like I said before..........AWESOME!!

Favorite Features

I love how it roars when I am driving down the road and also the push button starter is cool to but the whole car is awesome

Suggested Improvements

i would suggest noithing this car is perfect

Whooooa!
By Brett

2005 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I've owned my Dodge Viper SRT-10 for about 12 months now. I've owned over 16 cars and this is by far the most powerful, awe-inspiring, attention getting, like you are at an amusement park fun to drive car I have ever experience. The value of this car when comparing price to performance is simply unbeatable. This in not an everyday driver, but is great fun on the weekends and coastal trips. For the automotive enthusiasts the Viper SRT-10 is a must have.

Favorite Features

Engine, Power, Torque, exclusivity.

Suggested Improvements

Add Nav system and Sirius Satellite as options.