2005 Dodge Viper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

SRT-10 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual - (39 reviews )
Viper MAMBA Edition owner
By David Z on 01/14/10 01:16 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have built supercharged camaros and nitros-fed builds as well. I have road raced and autocrossed all of my vehicles. The Viper is HANDS DOWN the best performing car I have ever driven and this also includes a supercharged C6 Vette. Fuel mileage is weaker when you race it and drive it hard. Otherwise, it has the fuel economy of a V8 in my opinion. It is comparable to my Camaro honestly. This car holds the road like nothing you'll ever drive. The tires are actually wider than a Lamborghini's. I also work on the car myself and I have to say the build quality is superb. I am 6'2 so some more leg room would be nice, but oh well. PERFECT SPORTS CAR!!

Torque...too much is almost enough
By Torque Lover on 09/27/05 16:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have owned and driven my SRT-10 for one year now. I have owned and driven previous Vipers, Corvettes (Z06's included), Cobras, and supercharged F body vehicles. Without question, this vehicle wins hands down in every performance category imaginable. There is simply nothing better than feeling this car's 525 lb/ft of torque at your back. It is accentuated by the ability the vehicle has to actually grab the road. I have been more than impressed with build quality and interior design. Some of the SRT's flaws are undeniable: incredible heat flowing through the passenger cabin as well as a propensity to follow road surface flaws exactly. But I absolutely love my Viper.

Car of my dreams
By Nei Stearns DMD on 07/27/05 15:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The most fun car I've ever owned. I had a 2000 Corvette coupe and a 2002 Zo6 Vette.Both were great cars but felt like any normal car. The Viper give me the excitment and fun I was looking for! To drive this car makes you feel alive.This is a car that you have to drive and control. The power and acceleration reminds me of taking off on a jet airliner!

Viper review
By buckey on 07/27/05 15:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I purchased this auto after much consideration of what's available on the market for a superior performing and appearing, as well as convenient sports car. I also wanted a convertible to be able to have the open air feeling that accompanies that. This car has completely satisfied that objective and I can truthfully say that I have been completely happy with my choice.

Love it
By Willard on 06/17/05 23:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

More power than you can imagine. A muscle car that needs no maintenance. It is truly a modern day hot rod. It is a mix of raw power and gut wrenching off the line thrust. Who would actually believe it gets over 20 miles per gallon on the highway? It does!

Viper, unbelieveable driving experience
By cebernstein on 06/17/05 16:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This is an affordable exotic car. More power than you will ever know what to do with. So far, I've had no troubles with the vehicle. It is truly a pleasure to drive, and will get you noticed everywhere you go.

Ken's Viper Review
By Ken on 06/06/05 15:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This is my second Viper. I had a 2002, the older body style convertible RT/10. Although I loved the 2002, the new Viper SRT/10 has some significant improvements, particularly in the exterior design and the interior. Performance, as with the 2002, is spine tingling.

It'll knock your socks off!
By Ooomph on 05/16/05 23:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Being a former Vette owner let me tell you there is NO comparison. This is a street legal race-car, period. Whether you're hunting TT Porsches, 360's or whatever, this car will easily even out the playing field. You want comfort? Buy a Caddy. If you want to make old ladies dive for the emergency lane as you pass at 65mph still in 1st gear, buy the Viper. This car may not be the fastest, quickest or slickest but it sure does rank high in all of those categories! How many other bone- stock American made cars will hit 160mph in 4th -- in less than a half- mile? I love my Bright Silver Metallic Viper SRT-10! (my wife hates it...jealousy!)

EXCELLENT
By dodge_girl on 05/14/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This is the best car ever! It is very fast,cool,and did I mention fast? I would only recamend it for very experienced drivers like myself. Altough this car is very expencive it is so awesome. When I am just driving down the street I get good looks from people and very many comments like nice ride or awesome wheels. This car is like I said before..........AWESOME!!

Whooooa!
By Brett on 05/05/05 14:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I've owned my Dodge Viper SRT-10 for about 12 months now. I've owned over 16 cars and this is by far the most powerful, awe-inspiring, attention getting, like you are at an amusement park fun to drive car I have ever experience. The value of this car when comparing price to performance is simply unbeatable. This in not an everyday driver, but is great fun on the weekends and coastal trips. For the automotive enthusiasts the Viper SRT-10 is a must have.