Used 2005 Dodge Viper Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible

SRT-10 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual - (39 reviews )

Viper MAMBA Edition owner
By David Z

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have built supercharged camaros and nitros-fed builds as well. I have road raced and autocrossed all of my vehicles. The Viper is HANDS DOWN the best performing car I have ever driven and this also includes a supercharged C6 Vette. Fuel mileage is weaker when you race it and drive it hard. Otherwise, it has the fuel economy of a V8 in my opinion. It is comparable to my Camaro honestly. This car holds the road like nothing you'll ever drive. The tires are actually wider than a Lamborghini's. I also work on the car myself and I have to say the build quality is superb. I am 6'2 so some more leg room would be nice, but oh well. PERFECT SPORTS CAR!!

Favorite Features

The power jerk you get when you gun it in ANY gear. You could be going 20mph or 130mph... if you punch it, you'll feel it! Just the raw power this car has must be respected. The sound system is great for a convertible... better than my $125k Jaguar. The seats are amazing and give a great ride.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room for taller owners. I'm 6'2 and it's not a problem for me... it would just be nicer. Parts are expensive!!! Don't use rivets on the belly pan underneath the vehicle. Unnecessary and take forever to drill out. Other than that, PERFECT vehicle. Absolutely stunning.

Torque...too much is almost enough
By Torque Lover

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have owned and driven my SRT-10 for one year now. I have owned and driven previous Vipers, Corvettes (Z06's included), Cobras, and supercharged F body vehicles. Without question, this vehicle wins hands down in every performance category imaginable. There is simply nothing better than feeling this car's 525 lb/ft of torque at your back. It is accentuated by the ability the vehicle has to actually grab the road. I have been more than impressed with build quality and interior design. Some of the SRT's flaws are undeniable: incredible heat flowing through the passenger cabin as well as a propensity to follow road surface flaws exactly. But I absolutely love my Viper.

Favorite Features

Torque (boatloads of it), exterior design, exclusivity (everyone sees Corvettes; Viper spottings are special). Stereo system is good. Performance and handling is phenomenal.

Suggested Improvements

Take care of the interior heat problem. Give the exhaust a non V10 sound (difficult, I know). I little more leg room would still be appreciated. Figure out a way to improve mileage without sacrificing power. I wouldn't however, accept the former at the expense of the latter!

Car of my dreams
By Nei Stearns DMD

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The most fun car I've ever owned. I had a 2000 Corvette coupe and a 2002 Zo6 Vette.Both were great cars but felt like any normal car. The Viper give me the excitment and fun I was looking for! To drive this car makes you feel alive.This is a car that you have to drive and control. The power and acceleration reminds me of taking off on a jet airliner!

Favorite Features

Looks, power, great looking engine compartment. The exhaust note turns heads like no other car. Few and far between limited production

Suggested Improvements

Could use power seats,thats it !

Viper review
By buckey

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I purchased this auto after much consideration of what's available on the market for a superior performing and appearing, as well as convenient sports car. I also wanted a convertible to be able to have the open air feeling that accompanies that. This car has completely satisfied that objective and I can truthfully say that I have been completely happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

Style, performance, interior design and conveniences (stereo, air conditioning, etc.), speed and acceleration, dealer backup.

Love it
By Willard

2005 Dodge Viper Convertible SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

More power than you can imagine. A muscle car that needs no maintenance. It is truly a modern day hot rod. It is a mix of raw power and gut wrenching off the line thrust. Who would actually believe it gets over 20 miles per gallon on the highway? It does!

Favorite Features

Traction and raw power off the line and between shfts. You don't have to drive it fast, because there is nothing you to prove!

Suggested Improvements

Shifting is too tight and has to be practiced. AC needs a thermostat, not a cold-hot knob. No room for error in steering (too touchy)