2004 Dodge Viper 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Super Car

2004 Dodge Viper - Consumer Review

Super Car
By Douglas C Miller PhD on

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I've had my all black Viper for almost a year now--just about at 10K miles. Performance is as expected-- unbelievable. I find it very comfortable as an everyday car but superb out on the road. My only complaints are how hot it gets once the engine is warm, particularly in traffic, and the poor gas mileage (but I expected that with this engine). It's not easy to fit in a tall passenger either, but at my height I'm very comfortable, and the driver's seat just hugs one. Acceleration is far and away the best I've driven, better than BMWs, Porsches, Vettes. I test drove everything except Ferraris and Lamborghinis and chose the Viper, and I'm still happy with it.

Favorite Features

Great engine. Great engine!! Great handling except in snow (I know I shouldn't drive it in winter, but...). Sound system OK except when flying at speed with top down. Convertible top goes up and down with ease--who needs a power top? Gets stares everywhere, even New York City.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to cool the engine so that the driver's feet don't roast. Other than that--don't mess with perfection.