2004 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

SRT-10 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual - (45 reviews )
Nothing but smiles every time I drive it
By Wayne on 01/01/09 08:25 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The car is raw and does what it is designed for and that is go fast, turn fast, and stop fast. You must add Corsa catless track exhaust to get ride of the horrible UPS truck sound the factory exhaust makes and it frees up 40hp and get rid of all the drivers compartment and side sill heat problems. I have already modded mine to 600bhp 650tq and not ready to quit yet. Be forewarned once you buy a Viper the spending has just begun, The performance bug will hit and the viper tax is high when it come to viper performance parts, but worth it trust me. I could easily use mine as daily driver if I wanted to but its not a benz. Oh, best mod is MGW shorty shifter with low profile bezel.

Don t Settle For Less
By slypops on 11/14/07 07:52 AM (PST)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

My oldest son traded an 07 Corvette for this car as he trades cars every few months. No problem. But he sold this car to me way under book just to keep in the family. I had no problem watching the Vette go (and the others) but down deep I knew this car was not leaving. If you didnt have a Shelby Cobra back when, (I didn t, but did have a college roommate with a hi po Ford in a Sunbeam tiger in 1970) this car is your passport to that feeling. And there are not many passports issued. I have a 1970 440 Challenger and I love the exhaust, but it's not the same.

Best Sports Car Value!
By Nowayforya on 09/01/06 10:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Power, brakes and handling are excellent. I have never enjoyed any car more than my Viper. If you like driving and want to have a blast, get a Viper!

X-Vette owner
By soundman on 04/10/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have owned a lot of fast cars, mostly Corvettes. Some were stock, but most were pretty highly modified. I found that no matter how much I did to the Vettes they were still just Corvettes and people did not react like they do now when I drive my Viper. Dont get me wrong I love Corvettes and I drove the new 2006 Z06 but the top didn't come off and it looked like a standard Corvette with a body kit. The Viper on the other hand was the car I wish the Corvette had become. It reminds me of a modern version of my '69 427 Stingray, raw power, purely American and in-your-face attitude. Some say the Z06 is faster, maybe it is, maybe it isn't? As for me, I'll be saving up my money for the next Dodge Viper

Super Car
By Douglas C Miller PhD on 07/09/05 08:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I've had my all black Viper for almost a year now--just about at 10K miles. Performance is as expected-- unbelievable. I find it very comfortable as an everyday car but superb out on the road. My only complaints are how hot it gets once the engine is warm, particularly in traffic, and the poor gas mileage (but I expected that with this engine). It's not easy to fit in a tall passenger either, but at my height I'm very comfortable, and the driver's seat just hugs one. Acceleration is far and away the best I've driven, better than BMWs, Porsches, Vettes. I test drove everything except Ferraris and Lamborghinis and chose the Viper, and I'm still happy with it.

VIPER Review -- MY PICK!!!
By BillyD on 05/09/05 13:05 PM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I just purchased one. I am 41 years old and it took a lot of wife convincing. Anyway, on the maiden voyage, I came up against a Mustang Cobra SVT (690hp). I had my 8 year old boy with me. Before I even knew what I was doing (and thinking I was 21), the race was on. The Viper won by a hair from a rolling start (10mph) to 80mph. Exhilaration was the feeling until I realized what I had done (on a 30mph 4 lane street in a very upscale neighborhood). Thank God there were no cops. If you love beautiful, fast cars, buy one!

Dream Car
By Thom on 04/18/05 09:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The Dodge Viper has always been my dream car. The latest generation Viper is the best yet. The performance is amazing, the acceleration incredible. And the car really does attract attention everywhere it goes.

2004 Snake
By Jim Clymer on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Can't believe how many times I been ask by others if they can have their picture taken with my Viper

Viper
By gseely on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

One test drive in this car, and I was sold. Love it.

GORGEOUS CAR!
By CentrinoPM94087 on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I bought this car and i fell in love with it im 17, the fact that this car is assembled by hand is the most beautiful thing about it, such elegance and perfection.

1 2 3 4 5 next »