2003 Dodge Viper Consumer Review: Once Again the Viper Dominates

2003 Dodge Viper Convertible - Consumer Review

Once Again the Viper Dominates
By Y2KGTS on

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Having owned a 2000 Viper GTS prior to the SRT-10, I was skeptical that this car would live up to expectations. It blew them away. The looks, which I did not like in pictures, turned out to be nothing less than gorgeous in black. The power is improved, the brakes are incredible, and the car is refined yet not watered down in any way. In the brief time I have owned it, I have won a couple car shows featuring new Vettes and even a few other Vipers. I have also taken it to the drag strip, where it once again dominates. I have yet to encounter any stock car that will come close in performance, including previous Vipers. Bottom line: This car is AWESOME!

Favorite features include the brakes, which will literally get you light- headed if you nail them at 70 mph (they stop THAT fast); the very comfortable and better-looking interior; and the squat exotic-car stance reminiscent of expensive exotics costing 3 times as much.

The car needs a "boot" cover for the sides when the top is down (which it has for 2004). The top gauge (oil) reflects in the windshield at night. The windshield wiper stalk is in an awkward position and can be hit easily (embarrassing). 3.07 gears are too high for this car.