2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

2003 Viper Consumer Reviews

SRT-10 8.3L V10 6-speed Manual - (48 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

fun car
By jim mathy

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I have owned four corvettes, two 911s a 930 Porsche a Ferrari and the viper is my favorite, it doesn't ride like a Porsche but it handles better in the corners and just has the raw hp. Its watched where ever you go, hard to ride under the radar. The car is easy to work on compared to a Ferrari or Porsche and it is so much less to maintain when it comes to service and parts. It's a truly drivable car.

Favorite Features

Interior, exterior design cost to drive and power

Suggested Improvements

Cabin heat

AWESOME
By Joe

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I've had this car for almost 7 years, I still have goosebumps everytime I drive it...I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

Favorite Features

THE POWER

Suggested Improvements

nothing but maybe cruise control

World class exotic
By shaftnmn

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This car has no equal for its price and performance. I waited for 6 long years to buy a Viper and I was not disappointed. This car is a street legal race car but at the same time, it is no harder to drive than a Honda Civic or a Saturn. There is this thought out there that this car is hard to drive, it isn't - only drivers who don't understand or know how to drive a true sports car. The performance is unbelievable. I understand now why everyone who drives this car has such a big smile on their face. There are certain cars that invoke emotion by just looking at it & this car is one of them. If you are a car nut and you get the opportunity to own one, do it. You will not be disappointed.

Favorite Features

Lumpy idle. Power/Torque is available in any gear at any time. 1+ g rating is excellent - car handles very well in most conditions. Easy to use soft top. Casual conversations that come about when you pull into a gas station, bank, etc. Simple maintenance schedule compared to other exotics.

Suggested Improvements

Poor visibility (especially when looking rear left from the driver's side) & from the front fenders. Costly maintenance if you don't have an extended warranty. Excessive heat coming through the cabin. Even with those faults (and all cars have faults), I would not trade this vehicle for anything.

U.S. muscle with Italian DNA
By eagles

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The SRT10 convertible is arguably the fastest production convertible known to mankind. I have owned previously a 1996 GTS coupe and it was fast with plenty of power. The '03 SRT10 is however even faster with more power and torque and incfredibly also much more driver friendly than its predecessor. It is a much more refined car than I would have thought. The top is a 15 second operation up or down and is simple to use. This engine easily overpowers the rear tires in first gear and during upshifts requiring throttle modulation to resist wheelspin. I have driven race cars, Ferraris, Lambos, and Vettes but none compare with the exhileration when stompiong the throttle of the Viper SRT10.

Favorite Features

Convertible top, huge torque, excellant stopping power, movie star attention. Wife says this car is gorgeous. Perfect paint with glass like finish and pefect margins everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

Make it lighter especially the wheels and tires and brake rotors.

2003 Viper!
By Ralph

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

The most fun driving i've have ever had!!!

Vipers kick!
By Chelsea

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

I love everything about Vipers. They're just awesome!

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

None.

The New one is better than the old one
By twinviperguy

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

Bought the car as the 5th Viper I've owned. Truly outstanding car - far, far better than anything else thus far. Performance, acceleration, handling, ride and braking are well beyond any of the old models.

Favorite Features

The added horsepower and torque are tops.

Suggested Improvements

Dealer's and their service uniformly suck - hasn't improved from day 1 of the 1st Viper. Computer driven window mechanism for cracking and rolling up the windows doesn't work correctly after 3 trips and six months. Run flat tires are not as good as old style.

love this car
By how

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

traded in my 2002 vette z06, this awsome car is more fun in all ways to drive then the vette.where ever i go people always ask me about it.thais is bnot a car for the faint of hart. the only thing negative i can say is that my licnese is not going to last long

Favorite Features

outragous horsepower stops on a dime looks

Suggested Improvements

cruise control and a cupholder

Better Than I Expected
By Ziv

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

This is my second Viper. Since I have already modified my 1994 RT/10 to 800HP I had relatively low expectations for performnce. This car is FAST and handles like a dream and comfortable. No excuses performance, awesome brakes and suspension. I am only seeing about 11MPG average (I only have 900 miles on it so far) sothat may improve. The exhaust note is sweet especially at high RPMs but I think I need it a litte louder on the low end. Best sports car for the money. Great view of Lamborghinis, Ferraris, and Porsches in the rear view mirror.

Favorite Features

Seats, headlights and Window/Top system

Suggested Improvements

Exhaust, Sound system is good but the Jeep Cherokee Head Unit needs to go.

VROOM! VROOM! VIPER!
By lainabove

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 2dr Roadster (8.3L 10cyl 6M)

All I can say is if you have the money buy the car. It is fun and VERY FAST! The best car I have ever owned!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature has to be the 8.3 liter V10. It also has the most creature comforts I've ever seen in a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Ya right! you can't improve on something that is already perfect.