2001 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Viper model:
I knew it!
By viper crazy on 08/04/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Viper GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

I knew what I was getting when I bought it. For those of you who want a Vette don't buy a Viper. This car is fast, rude and no it doesn't get good gas mileage. I thank god for all of it. It's worth putting gas in every few miles. The looks on peoples faces are worth an academy award. The Corvettes I've owned would hide in the corner when this car goes by. I am highly pleased with this beast. The gts-r wing and ground effects makes this ACR look like a hot wheels car. So if you are man or woman enough, buy one, and don't whine about the gas mileage or ride. My wife loves it.

My GTS
By Steve on 11/11/05 13:21 PM (PST)

2001 Dodge Viper GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

I find my Viper to be the perfect cure for today's cookie cutter vehicles. The exterior design is as elegant as it is outrageous. More car companies should be so bold as to take such a chance on applying creative design elements. That said, the interior pays a slight price for maintaining the aggressive outer appearance. The drivers footwell is perticularly tight. A small price to pay considering a quick stab at the throttle forgives all.

LETS GET IT ON!ooofa,ooofa,KABLAM!
By masteroftimeandspace on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Viper RT/10 2dr Roadster (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

love this vehicle,so does the rest of the world.? else compares?The most bang for the buck re; pricier sports cars and its American.I don't expect it to be a Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr as far as comfort goes.Anyone must realize that before purchasing,I hope.one should not expect it to be a Honda Accord when it comes to service or reliability issues either.I believe all citizens should be provided one through a constitutional amendment.I would never pay more for an import that has less visual impact and weak performance,just because it's made in Germany or wherever.And I'm of Bavarian descent.USA all the way baby!What a car the RT/10 is.Impress yourself!!I want a GTS/ACR too!!

The good, bad, and ugly.
By brett_summerer on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Viper GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

Bought my car 4/02. Took 3 months to wipe the grin off my face. By 9/02 it had been in the shop more than 30 days, and I've now filed for the lemon law. Build quality and comfort are atrocious, but I still love driving it every now and again. Loved owning it, can't wait to get rid of it.

a rush to your senses
By delldude on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Viper GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

Only thing you can say is WOW! What a RUSH! and with all that power very easy to drive. Only thing to worry about is the other cars straining for a closer look (and wanting you to get on it) And the feeling of supremacy knowing only those that pass you are doing so only because you let them.

GREAT
By Chris Mann on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Viper RT/10 2dr Roadster (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

It was great to drive

sweet
By sweet on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Dodge Viper GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

I have one and it is very fun to have one

One of the best cars out there!
By JJSVIP on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Dodge Viper GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

This car is the ipitimy of the cars on the road, short of modern Ferrari's and Lamborghini of course. But how many of these cars are on the road though. The Viper is the same, with only roughly 1500 units a year. But this car is a blast to drive. And you can leave for a short trip in it without someone yelling or almost breaking their necks to get another look. Contrary to magazine reviews, this car is quite confortable as a daily driver and a very easy car to drive.