Used 2001 Dodge Viper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Dodge Viper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Viper model:

LOVE MY VIPER
By Rich Bridenstine

2001 Dodge Viper RT/10 2dr Roadster (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

I bought mine new over 15 years ago. I love it every time I drive it. These cars are not a finesse car, not an orchestra on wheels, they are a brute brass ,straight line band form middle America. Fun classic style. I have had more than one other popular American sports car owner pull and say "that's what I really wanted". I haven't done that one yet. That isn't why I bought it. Just glad to have mine. It's not a creature comfort car, yet is very comfortable. When ya hammer it, they "scream out loud". Between 2500-3500r's in second gear it is a pin job, now that is fun because if you are nice you can keep the tires from launching. I think that may have been where the saying comes from? They are a no BS car that does exactly what you think they should and want to do. Can't hurt them, unless ya curb or stack 'em. Iacocca, possibly, did his best work when he unleashed Tom Gale and his team on this project. Time and HP has caught up almost 20 years later. For a great "experienced" gal now, no one laughs at her, she is still my prom queen...anytime. All quality and style.

I knew it!
By viper crazy

2001 Dodge Viper GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

I knew what I was getting when I bought it. For those of you who want a Vette don't buy a Viper. This car is fast, rude and no it doesn't get good gas mileage. I thank god for all of it. It's worth putting gas in every few miles. The looks on peoples faces are worth an academy award. The Corvettes I've owned would hide in the corner when this car goes by. I am highly pleased with this beast. The gts-r wing and ground effects makes this ACR look like a hot wheels car. So if you are man or woman enough, buy one, and don't whine about the gas mileage or ride. My wife loves it.

The power and the looks. This vehicle is a work of art.

My GTS
By Steve

2001 Dodge Viper GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

I find my Viper to be the perfect cure for today's cookie cutter vehicles. The exterior design is as elegant as it is outrageous. More car companies should be so bold as to take such a chance on applying creative design elements. That said, the interior pays a slight price for maintaining the aggressive outer appearance. The drivers footwell is perticularly tight. A small price to pay considering a quick stab at the throttle forgives all.

Did I mention the torque monster motor!

Adjustable suspension settings, More straight line stability through adding more possitive caster angle to factory specs. Better heat protection. Longer wheelbase to smooth out expansion joints in roads.

LETS GET IT ON!ooofa,ooofa,KABLAM!
By masteroftimeandspace

2001 Dodge Viper RT/10 2dr Roadster (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

love this vehicle,so does the rest of the world.? else compares?The most bang for the buck re; pricier sports cars and its American.I don't expect it to be a Cadillac Fleetwood 4dr as far as comfort goes.Anyone must realize that before purchasing,I hope.one should not expect it to be a Honda Accord when it comes to service or reliability issues either.I believe all citizens should be provided one through a constitutional amendment.I would never pay more for an import that has less visual impact and weak performance,just because it's made in Germany or wherever.And I'm of Bavarian descent.USA all the way baby!What a car the RT/10 is.Impress yourself!!I want a GTS/ACR too!!

looks and power,everyone that sees you is slackjawed.most bang for the buck in all respects,its like you are a billionaire.

stealth/invisible option

The good, bad, and ugly.
By brett_summerer

2001 Dodge Viper GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

Bought my car 4/02. Took 3 months to wipe the grin off my face. By 9/02 it had been in the shop more than 30 days, and I've now filed for the lemon law. Build quality and comfort are atrocious, but I still love driving it every now and again. Loved owning it, can't wait to get rid of it.

Engine, styling.

Comfort level of at least a corvette.

• SUV