Used 2000 Dodge Viper Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Viper Convertible - Consumer Reviews

RT/10 8.0L V10 6-speed Manual - (5 reviews )

Go Topless
By ViperVenom

2000 Dodge Viper Convertible RT/10 2dr Convertible

Absolutely the best topless modern muscle car on the road. I look forward to each chance I get to drive it and always get out with a smile on my face.

Performance and performance

Better access to the battery

2000 Dodge Viper RT/10 = WOW
By HwnViper

2000 Dodge Viper Convertible RT/10 2dr Convertible

This car is not for the faint at heart and should not be considered as a daily driver. This is a piece of American History, a true American exotic car which will hold its own against the European exotics. If you are not used to attention or want privacy then you should avoid this car as it will draw attention as people have swarmed over my car and I have been stopped so people could take pictures of the car. The car does have flaws especially in the interior but once you hit the throttle the one word emerges "WOW" and all the flaws are forgotten. This car is my weekend getaway, were all life problems are forgotten at the turn of the ignition.

The engine is rated at 450 HP, which I feel is underrated. The amazing part of this car is the simplicity, no computer controlled suspension and no ABS yet this Viper will out turn most other exotics and the plain old disc brakes will give you a whiplash if you are not careful.

The only improvements are that the care should have a glove box, better sealed roof and a cup holder.

Just an $80,000 Dodge..
By sds130

2000 Dodge Viper Convertible RT/10 2dr Convertible

This is by far the worst car I have ever owned. The car is beautiful and fast, but that is where it ends. Dodge's customer service and dealerships are the worst. After getting caught in a rainstorm during a 5 hour trip and having the seals replaced 6 times, I was told by Dodge "don't drive the car in the rain". Battery constantly dies...replaced three times...was told by Dodge..yeah, they have a heavy drain...the owner (of the dealership) has the same problem..just unplug it (invloves taking wheel off). Melted exhaust manifold, plugs, and wires at 19k...told by Dodge "these cars run hot"..door panel repeatedly falls off...all this from an uncomfortable and tempremental car to begin with!

Looks! Blindingly fast...if you can keep the car on the road. Throttle likes to bring the back end around at almost any speed. Handling is very bad...Michelin's only thing that keeps the car on the road. Must slow down extensively on corners to point nose in right direction due to weight.

Improve customer service...when I called to complain to Chrysler customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor was told "Our supervisors do not speak to customers". Basic ride comfort - Although I expected this, I have been in race cars (even Ferrari's) that ride better.

Viperiffic
By Dave Green

2000 Dodge Viper Convertible RT/10 2dr Convertible

Pure Adrenaline Rush from first sight to each fond farewell. I have to share this car with my wife as she loves to drive it too. Dream car with affordable price.

Style, performance, acceleration

Better attachments for roof

awesome power
By tricki

2000 Dodge Viper Convertible RT/10 2dr Convertible

great machine with loads of power and best handling ride i have ever driven. You have to drive it to believe it.

engine