Still a show-stopper after 10 years
By MattGutberlet on
1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 2dr Convertible
After wanting one since I first laid eyes on it at age 12, I finally picked up my own last year. It's hard to imagine that simply buying a car can change your life, but own one of these for a little while and all of the sudden, the first question out of everyone's mouth is "did you bring the Viper? How's the Viper doing? Have the Viper out this weekend?" The performance is outrageous. Creature comforts are severely lacking, but you should have known that going in. This car isn't for everybody, but if you're a true muscle car enthusiast, it all makes perfect sense.
Favorite Features
The big V10 pulls hard in any gear at any RPM. Grip from the huge tires can hurt your neck. Body still causes people to stop what they're doing and look at the car.
Suggested Improvements
The interior is as spartain as you can get. No windows. Top is a pain to deal with.
By szata
on 04/29/13 17:42 PM (PDT)

I have a 95 Viper in Emerald Green. Only 300 were made in that color, and in that year. I have completely restored the car. I kept the origninal color (wet sanded) and did some very nice upgrades to the motor and drive train. The car produces 740 rwhp on the dyno. This car is not only a seriously fast car, it has so much torque that your brain hurts when you punch it. The posts on this site are not overstating their observations. When you leave the driveway the car becomes an instant celebrity. Almost annoyingly so. It is insane. I find myself staring at the car as it sits in my garage. It simply has a natural and captivating beauty. I agree with others, this car is way, way under priced for what it is. I believe in the next 10 years, gen 1 vipers will be 80K and up.