2006 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: I love my Stratus

2006 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

I love my Stratus
By Mutt on

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a metallic black, with brindle interior, SXT and it looks great. I added gold pin stripes and it really sets it off. The 2.4L DOHC 4cyl is a good, reliable engine, however it lacks power when the car is loaded with people and luggage. Especially going up hill with the A/C on. The V6 is a much better idea. My mileage is 22-24 avg. in the city and 30 to 31 hwy. I'm a 6'1" male and find I need a power drivers seat or my head hits the ceiling. After several back and neck surgeries I have problems riding in many cars but the power drivers seat fits me well and w/o the lumbar support it's very comfortable. It has a nice ride, the handling is great as is the visibility.

I love the looks, inside and out. Gauges are easy to read. The cassette/CD radio and fold down rear seats are great. I had an 04 Siebring with leather and power moon roof and wish I still had the power moon roof. The controls and heat/A/C are convenient and function well. Good trunk space.

Get the six cyl. The 4 cylinder is under powered. The poor gas mileage is related to the lead foot on the people complaining about the mileage. The front rotors tend to warp and I'm not hard on them. It's well balanced and does well in the snow. Leather was poor quality. Bring it back, please!