Disappointed
By BaylieKat on
2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I've had this car for 8 months now and have been disappointed. I got it as a replacement for an aging '91 Maxima and I hate admitting that the 16 year old car had a smoother quieter more fuel efficient engine along with a quieter interior. I am very displeased with the fuel mileage for this car in the city. If you're lucky you might get 17 mpg. That number jumps to near 30 on the highway. I think Dodge really missed the transmission gear ratios here. The Stratus isn't a bad car, it just lacks a lot of refinement. I expected to have a much better car after losing the maxima. Instead, I end up with on that is merely adequate transportation.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling is great. Especially with the 16 in alloys wheels. White faced gauges look sporty. Solid standard radio/CD. Smooth shifting transmission
Suggested Improvements
Engine- less buzz, more mpg interior- less buzz(road noise) tighter suspension to match sporty looks rework transmission gearing for better in town performance. Some nicer interior materials couldn't hurt.