Used 2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

diamond in the rough
By 06stratussxt1

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a 2006 sxt with the 2.4 sport package. It performs awesomely. For a four cylinder, slow off the line but great power after 30 mph. To help further my mpg I got a cold air and it jumped my 150 horsepower to a whopping 175. Also I put in a tornado fuel saver and it jumped my hp up to 180. It keeps up with my sisters grand am gt. Great car care equals great performance and reliability. The front and rear sway bar provide great handling. The tight steering responds great. Fuel mileage is great after cold air and tornado, 28 in tow and 35 on the freeway doing 80. The only thing I can say is car care 100%

white face gauges, sport package has chrome tip exhaust and traditional dodge flat black spoiler, reflectors under tail lights make it look sportier. handling, Boston acoustics speaker system is awesome! side impact air bags on sport package makes me feel safer. traction control on sport package

standard power sunroof, anti-lock brakes standard. and slightly more pizazz in the interior too bland other than white face gauges

mystratus
By pugmom

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This Stratus needs a little more get up and go otherwise I am very pleased with this car.

Happy I found this car
By Patrick

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 06 and have been happy ever since. The mileage on the highway is incredible. If I keep the tires correctly inflated and use cruise-control I get over 30 mpg. In town is another story. The mileage plunges. I used to think poorly of Dodge until I owned this. It is very comfortable for me, though it isn't as refined as a more expensive luxury car. But for the price I am willing to overlook some small drawbacks such as cheap dashboard plastic. The interior is ergonomically perfect, not too flashy and not too sparse. Overall this has been perfect for me. One more thing, Dodge made it very easy to perform the maintenance on this car and save money.

V-6 engine allows great acceleration and decent Mileage on the Highway. Ergonomics for a 5'8" guy are perfect and when I have kids, the back seat will allow easy installation of car seats while trunk can fit everything I need.

Improve some of the seemingly cheap parts like the fake carbon fiber dash. A jack for an I pod in the radio would be nice. Better spare tire cover in the trunk. Present one moves around when something heavy is placed in trunk.

New trans!
By NothapywithDODGE

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought the Stratus with 34,000 miles on it in 11/07. We traded in a Chrysler 300 that was very unreliable. What a mistake buying a Dodge. The car now has 45,000 and we have to totally replace the transmission! What a joke. I will never buy a Dodge again.

is this a joke?

Build a car the way a car should be built. There is a reason why foreign cars are out-selling American cars.

Pure Awesomeness
By Mac

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This case has a rear spoiler and is SO sporty looking for a sedan. I am in college and wanted a car that was reliable, roomy, and good on gas. Didn't want a coupe! So sporty, smooth ride, and UNBELIEVABLY cheap. Great car, would suggest!

Spoiler, gauges, smooth handling.

Fog lights would be nice.