2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Satisfied
By BML on 03/14/07 21:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car about 3 weeks ago and so far so good. We went from a 2000 Cougar which we loved to this. Although the Cougar was more sporty and smaller this still allows us to have the fun factor while felling safer with our child in the car. I was suprised that this 4cyl pushed out 150 hp and seems to be getting decent mpg. My daughter loves the fact she now can sit in the middle and see everything where with the cougar the bucket seats did not allow that. On the outside it seems as though it's a avg mid size car but inside there is more room then my first apt. I like the stock stereo and all the little compartments. I have managed to pop a tire already but can't figure out how.

Dodge Stratus #1
By Bill on 02/06/07 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a pleasure to drive, it handles very well, it feels light and nimble. It getts good fuel mileage. I have been getting 28mpg week in and week out. I am happy with the performance, it is a 150 hp 4 cylinder and it feels very strong off the line.

Solid Build Great Car
By travelin man on 02/02/07 14:57 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am a cross country sales rep and drive an average of 30-40k a year. I recently sold my '02 Dodge Stratus with 194,550 miles with no problems whatsoever. I change the oil every 3- 5k and it gets me where i want to go. Solid car. My 2006 SXT has 55k on it already and has been just as reliable. How can someone buy a Camry for 4-6k more? I havent yet figured that out. I owned an Accord before my Stratus and lost the vtec engine at 100k. Pretty bad I'd say. For the price and reliability you can't beat a used domestic.

Great Family car
By luckieleah on 01/19/07 09:42 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have owned this car for a few months and absolutly love it! We had been looking for a toyota or Honda, but decided on the '06 Stratus instead because of the space and price. Since we were buying a used car, it was an added bonus that the car still had a factory warranty! We have a 2 year old boy and the car is big enough that we can haul all his stuff around and still have plenty of room for the three of us and a guest or two. My husband and I are both above average build and the front seats are very comfortable for us as well. The longest trip we've taken was a four hour drive through Kansas and the car handled well and we had no spacial complants as well. Great car!

Nice, but MPG is really bad
By socaljoe on 12/11/06 15:44 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought a 2006 Stratus SXT for my girlfriend. The car looks nice, rides really comfy. For a car that's a 4cylinder, the miles-per-gallon is really bad. It has worse gas mileage than my '03 Silverado V8 with 7" lift kit. The Stratus only does 16mpg in the city. Took it back to the dealer to have it checked and couldn't find anything wrong. Service guy told me that 16mpg is not out of the norm on this car. Even people from Dodge forums say the same about gas mileage on this vehicle. Will trade this car in soon for something that's not a Dodge

My evaluation GSW
By Gordon S. Weiss on 10/30/06 17:59 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It would be nice to have a deeper and longer trunk area, a telescopic stearing wheel, and electric front seats. The dashboard controls, gear shift, and emergency brake are very user friendly. The night lighting on the dash is very easy on the eyes, and not distracting. Front seating is confortable and tapered nicely. Back seats a confortable, but could use a little bit mor leg room;mainly for long drives. The vehicle handles extremely well and is very responsive. Brakes are strong. Gear shifting is nice and smooth. Noise level (outside) is very good. The ride and suspension are smooth and enjoyable. I feel we got a very well made, solidly built sedan that meets our needs.

Needs a little work
By Sammie on 10/26/06 17:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. Very sporty but still a family car. The only problem is my car had only a little over 14,000 miles on it and the block cracked. It's something that is happening to a lot of them.

Classy Ride
By Carolyn on 05/21/06 02:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Dodge Stratus is a very classy looking car. I like the body style and the way it handles. I'm very happy with it.

Great car for the money!
By nightram on 05/16/06 13:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for about a month now, and it is great! I have really no complaints about it. I have had many cars in my day, but this one take the cake so far. It is a smooth ride, handles nice, and lloks good. Even the SXT looks sporty, and it is very nicely equipped for the money you pay. The only gripe I have is the weird shift it has every once in a while, but no car is ever perfect.

Good "First" New Car
By Mike on 12/20/05 13:56 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car if you're new to the "new car" market. Easy to drive, has what you need, and nice safety features as well. Back seat is spacious and the flip down seat is nice as well. Overall, the Stratus is a good sturdy car for the just-out-of- college buyer (like me).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.