Used 2006 Dodge Stratus SXT Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

*no*more*chrysler*or*dodge
By Disgusted

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is OK to look at. Nothing special. But I drive high miles for my job so it's more for function. But this car is junk. In 2 years I have replaced all the headlights & taillights twice. When I turn, a warning comes on & the "brake" light comes on. ??? The interior/dash lights flash constantly. AND WHAT'S WITH THE WINDSHIELD?? I've been through probably a dozen sets of wipers & none work. The windshield has spots that none of the wipers touch! And I've had the windshield replaced due to a rock busting the old one. It was replaced with the same Dodge window.& the same thing. Wipers don't touch half of it. It's clearly a design flaw. And a big one.& one of my windows quit for no reason..

None..

Fix the windshield!!! Fix the electrical system... But mainly the windshield!

Has been a good vehicle for me =)
By Arianna

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2006 Stratus last summer and I'm glad I did. I have had no problems with it yet *knock on wood* and it's been a very enjoyable car. I recently went on a road trip and I didn't even need to fill up the entire way there and back! It's amazing the gas mileage you can get with this car. I definitely don't waste time at the pump aha! The 4 cyl engine is good, but I can see why the V-6 would be better for the size of this vehicle. It didn't handle amazingly well last winter (in NY) but considering I live up on a huge hill, what can you really expect from a car? I can't really complain about it, I've had a good experience with this car, and it makes me want to buy Dodge again.

Great CD Player/Stereo-- music definitely is loud enough for my tastes, good amount of trunk room for suitcases. Comfortable for me and my friends (then again I'm only 5'3"). Good appearance on the road, I don't feel embarrassed driving this around. Additionally, I feel safe in this car.

My favorite car ever!
By eagle20000899

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hello. I bought this car to be my "family" car and I have been very happy with it. I have already been on some long trips and a lot of city driving and it just does everything for me. I have only had a few problems, but I plan on keeping it for a long time.

Fun to drive. Convenient to drive. Good stereo system. Good A/C and heater/defrost. Highway mileage is good and city mileage is adequate.

When I read many other reviews, I found myself much in agreement with many of the others about the mileage and transmission. The transmission can be sluggish when it shifts and for some reason, the fuel mileage in the city versus the highway is not nearly as good.

I love my Stratus
By Mutt

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a metallic black, with brindle interior, SXT and it looks great. I added gold pin stripes and it really sets it off. The 2.4L DOHC 4cyl is a good, reliable engine, however it lacks power when the car is loaded with people and luggage. Especially going up hill with the A/C on. The V6 is a much better idea. My mileage is 22-24 avg. in the city and 30 to 31 hwy. I'm a 6'1" male and find I need a power drivers seat or my head hits the ceiling. After several back and neck surgeries I have problems riding in many cars but the power drivers seat fits me well and w/o the lumbar support it's very comfortable. It has a nice ride, the handling is great as is the visibility.

I love the looks, inside and out. Gauges are easy to read. The cassette/CD radio and fold down rear seats are great. I had an 04 Siebring with leather and power moon roof and wish I still had the power moon roof. The controls and heat/A/C are convenient and function well. Good trunk space.

Get the six cyl. The 4 cylinder is under powered. The poor gas mileage is related to the lead foot on the people complaining about the mileage. The front rotors tend to warp and I'm not hard on them. It's well balanced and does well in the snow. Leather was poor quality. Bring it back, please!

I've driven better
By whatsuppp23

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For my 17th birthday I got a 2006 Stratus and I can not wait to trade it in. It's slow and the inside is boring. My mom got a 08 VW Passat and it has a V6 and it flies. My Stratus has nothing, no heated seats, no GPS, no sunroof. I would recommend getting a different car if you're looking at this one.

Big interior, alloy rims