2006 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Good car and easy on the buget
By Hayden on 04/06/08 13:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i got this car as a credit builder. now that my credit is much better, im considering a newer vehicle, however I'm not gonna trade my stratus, i really like this car and I'm gonna keep it.

Not very happy with this car
By jg on 03/31/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used in August of 2006, it had 14,000 miles on it then. I am having to replace the head gasket now. When they were removing the parts to redo the head gasket, the front motor mount broke in half, we found that it was made from very thin aluminum instead of steel. We also discovered that this wasn't the first time that this vehicle has had Major work done on it, had to have been before it reached 14,000 miles. I am kind of leary of this vehicle now, and think that I will soon be looking for a new one.

SXT (4dr Sedan 2.7-DOHC-V6
By Adrian on 12/17/07 19:55 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was impressed on how quiet the engine is with the amount of house power(200); ample for city driving and quick accleration to merge on any highway. Interior is good and instrument panel and gadgets user friendly and well laid out....I wish it would have standard feature such as power seats, fog lights and more leg room for rear passengers; being 6', I find it little cramped. For a V-6, the gas milage is good (22mpg average city/highway). The styling is attracive with a sporty look. I previously owned a 2000 SE and it was very reliable with little maintenance required. I would recommend this car to anyone that wants good value and quality for thier money. You will not be dissapointed.

Gas mileage
By Joy Carlton on 11/20/07 12:08 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Unreal low gas mileage. It changes on almost every tank, can't count on what you will get. the 4 cyl. is too small for size of car.the power does not match the 4 cyl that I owned before which are 2 of the 4 cyl. i stay busy filling up with gas. I hear I cannot depend on the Dodge transmillsions.They do no hold up. What cvan I do.

Better than my 96 Cirrus
By Harold on 08/21/07 08:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've just purchased this vehicle last week and it is a significant upgrade over my 96 Cirrus. It seems to have a lot more interior space and a bigger trunk. I was leaning toward a 4 cylinder for gas mileage, and this has it I like the fact it has the LATCH system for car seats for the children and working AC (especially for Florida). The interior is simple and not an eyesore. Controls are easily accessible and understandable. Acceleration tends be loud, but it is a 4 cylinder and not a 6. This vehicle is a welcome addition to my family of 4.

Disappointed
By BaylieKat on 06/30/07 00:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for 8 months now and have been disappointed. I got it as a replacement for an aging '91 Maxima and I hate admitting that the 16 year old car had a smoother quieter more fuel efficient engine along with a quieter interior. I am very displeased with the fuel mileage for this car in the city. If you're lucky you might get 17 mpg. That number jumps to near 30 on the highway. I think Dodge really missed the transmission gear ratios here. The Stratus isn't a bad car, it just lacks a lot of refinement. I expected to have a much better car after losing the maxima. Instead, I end up with on that is merely adequate transportation.

Great Bang for the Buck
By A.Smith on 04/06/07 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is totally fun car to drive. After a few months and changing to performance tires with my 2006 SXT, there have been no problems of any kind. The power of the 4cyl engine is great, and it comes off the line as spirited as a 6cyl engine. The interior and trunk room is outstanding, and the ride is firm and comfortable. My wife loved it so much after a few trips behind the wheel, she threatened not to let me have it back. It's a good, solid and fun car for the price. Great second car!

I Love this Car!
By M Phillips on 04/05/07 18:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this car about a month ago. We were looking for something roomy enough to fit our 1 year old car seat comfortably as well as me who is 6'1. Well, we found it. This car is awesome. My husband loves the fact of how sporty the car looks even thought it is a mid-size 4 door. The compartments are great and the car gets awesome gas milegage. Roomy and just a nice overall interior. Could not ask for a better car.

Satisfied
By BML on 03/14/07 21:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car about 3 weeks ago and so far so good. We went from a 2000 Cougar which we loved to this. Although the Cougar was more sporty and smaller this still allows us to have the fun factor while felling safer with our child in the car. I was suprised that this 4cyl pushed out 150 hp and seems to be getting decent mpg. My daughter loves the fact she now can sit in the middle and see everything where with the cougar the bucket seats did not allow that. On the outside it seems as though it's a avg mid size car but inside there is more room then my first apt. I like the stock stereo and all the little compartments. I have managed to pop a tire already but can't figure out how.

Dodge Stratus #1
By Bill on 02/06/07 14:59 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car is a pleasure to drive, it handles very well, it feels light and nimble. It getts good fuel mileage. I have been getting 28mpg week in and week out. I am happy with the performance, it is a 150 hp 4 cylinder and it feels very strong off the line.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.