Used 2006 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Crankshaft endplay
By kram660

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car with 25 miles on it in 2006 at the dealer. drove car daily to work with and do not hot rod it. after at around 40,000 miles i noticed oil leaking from the passenger side and it was the front crankshaft seal, i replaced it and the oil-pump thinking there a blockage somewhere . 5,000 miles later i have had to replace the seal at least 6 times knowing my engine has failed me. i am no rocket scientist but i know its my main thrust bearing is bad and the crank is rundown with at least 1/10 to 2/10 of end play. i have at lest $10,000 to owe on it and i parked it in my back yard with my 1938 ford pickup. hope this helps other hard working Americans to do something about this issue.

its a very nice interior and beautiful car that's why i purchased it .

better quality engine parts , make it reliable

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By Tam

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in july of '06,had to have the front seal replaced in december of'06 at 14,000 miles. Here I am 2 and a half years later at 70,000 miles and have to have the front seal replaced again!!! It was a fairly good car otherwise, but don't waste your money. It will nickel and dime you death.

Really Like !
By Eileen

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently acquired my Dodge as a gift from my children, It is gunmetal grey,which is nice as it appears to change colors, depends on weather conditions,looks nice on the road. Gas mileage is ok but not as good as we had hoped, and I do not put my foot to the metal.Like the way it handles.

White gauges,easy access to the trunk. Radio and cd player has a very nice sound.great wheels!

SUNROOF!!! I really miss that feature, Tinted windows.cassette player, I pod as well as a cd player. A cd changer would have been nice. cell phone charger,mine has a lighter, but no charger just a place for one to be added

*no*more*chrysler*or*dodge
By Disgusted

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is OK to look at. Nothing special. But I drive high miles for my job so it's more for function. But this car is junk. In 2 years I have replaced all the headlights & taillights twice. When I turn, a warning comes on & the "brake" light comes on. ??? The interior/dash lights flash constantly. AND WHAT'S WITH THE WINDSHIELD?? I've been through probably a dozen sets of wipers & none work. The windshield has spots that none of the wipers touch! And I've had the windshield replaced due to a rock busting the old one. It was replaced with the same Dodge window.& the same thing. Wipers don't touch half of it. It's clearly a design flaw. And a big one.& one of my windows quit for no reason..

None..

Fix the windshield!!! Fix the electrical system... But mainly the windshield!

Has been a good vehicle for me =)
By Arianna

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2006 Stratus last summer and I'm glad I did. I have had no problems with it yet *knock on wood* and it's been a very enjoyable car. I recently went on a road trip and I didn't even need to fill up the entire way there and back! It's amazing the gas mileage you can get with this car. I definitely don't waste time at the pump aha! The 4 cyl engine is good, but I can see why the V-6 would be better for the size of this vehicle. It didn't handle amazingly well last winter (in NY) but considering I live up on a huge hill, what can you really expect from a car? I can't really complain about it, I've had a good experience with this car, and it makes me want to buy Dodge again.

Great CD Player/Stereo-- music definitely is loud enough for my tastes, good amount of trunk room for suitcases. Comfortable for me and my friends (then again I'm only 5'3"). Good appearance on the road, I don't feel embarrassed driving this around. Additionally, I feel safe in this car.