Used 2006 Dodge Stratus SXT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Not too bad....but dont trust it
By asmareverett

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with the intention of paying it off very fast and using it as a spare. Well, 6 years later I just paid it off and its been my only for 105k miles. It was previously a rental and I'm imagining it got dogged out before I bought it because a head gasket blew within 6 months. The used car warranty covered it and I've been rolling ever since. Ive had minor issues such as sensors having to be replaced, brakes, lights, and the auto window went out, but other than that I cannot complain. Still picks up well between 50-80 mph and is decent on gas. The paint on the passenger side is oxidized, but hey, its 6 yrs old.

Done with Dodge/Chrysler
By maximusminus

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Dodge Stratus SE almost new and paid $11,500, well below what I would have paid for an equivalent Japanese make. I was willing to look past its relatively outdated powertrain and somewhat sluggish performance in stop and go traffic until I hit 57k miles on the odometer. After that, I was taking this car in for costly repairs on a regular basis. For instance, I was replacing brakepads every 10k miles, the shocks needed replacement every 20k. After coughing up about $13,000 in repairs & maintenance in six years, I had enough. I'm back driving a Toyota Camry with no issues. My advice: invest a little more money in a Toyota, Honda and save yourself time and money down the road.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, overall decent handling, huge trunk

Suggested Improvements

Reliability, performance

I Still Don't Regret This Purchase
By kaseyk

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 24,000 miles on it, I was the second owner and I must say that 2 years and 55,000 miles later, I really don't have any complaints. I used to commute out of town for work (about 65 miles a day) and I have gone on many out of town and out of state trips on this car. I have not had any problems out of my stratus except for the driver side window motor has gone out. Yes the windshield does have a few spots but nothing worth complaining over. Overall I must say that I love this car and it was probably the best purchase I have made, if they still made them I'd probably get another one

Favorite Features

Sunroof

Suggested Improvements

Maybe have a multiple CD changer, maybe work on the electrical system a little

Love My Stratus!!!
By dianaprince

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this as a family car back in '05. We've driven it clear across the country and back several times, and racked up a lot of mileage that way but didn't pay much for gas! I Love the amount of trunk space and interior space it has! We made several cross country trips with 2 adults, 2 small kids and 2 large dogs, and all our stuff in the car (luggage,food, and strollers) and still had plenty of room. It's 2010, I've had this car for at least 4 years now and I still love it! Best car I've ever owned!

Favorite Features

cd player, Large trunk, spacious seats, console makes a comfy armrest!

Suggested Improvements

sunroof! cd changer.

Crankshaft endplay
By kram660

2006 Dodge Stratus Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car with 25 miles on it in 2006 at the dealer. drove car daily to work with and do not hot rod it. after at around 40,000 miles i noticed oil leaking from the passenger side and it was the front crankshaft seal, i replaced it and the oil-pump thinking there a blockage somewhere . 5,000 miles later i have had to replace the seal at least 6 times knowing my engine has failed me. i am no rocket scientist but i know its my main thrust bearing is bad and the crank is rundown with at least 1/10 to 2/10 of end play. i have at lest $10,000 to owe on it and i parked it in my back yard with my 1938 ford pickup. hope this helps other hard working Americans to do something about this issue.

Favorite Features

its a very nice interior and beautiful car that's why i purchased it .

Suggested Improvements

better quality engine parts , make it reliable