Used 2006 Dodge Stratus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:

Love My "Iron Man"!!!
By B. T. Brooks

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Stratus back in '07 from Enterprise Rentals. Only major problem I've had was a crankshaft issue and that was after having it for 7 years. I've done some changes like different chrome rims for something sportier (including wheel adapters), a rear spoiler, fog lights (yellow strobes), a muffler tip that allows more air exhaust (and sound) and a better stereo system. Planning on getting the shocks worked on eventually and hunting down a supercharger for it (keep hearing the police used to use this model)...otherwise, my baby's a creampuff! Be careful on doing electrical work, for it'll seem like you'll lose your battery charge, but the way Dodge builds their cars, it's a lil tricky but manageable as long as you're careful. Pretty good on gas and currently researching the pros and cons of changing gas type from the low end to at least mid-grade. Just take of it and it'll take care of you.

Not too bad....but dont trust it
By asmareverett

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with the intention of paying it off very fast and using it as a spare. Well, 6 years later I just paid it off and its been my only for 105k miles. It was previously a rental and I'm imagining it got dogged out before I bought it because a head gasket blew within 6 months. The used car warranty covered it and I've been rolling ever since. Ive had minor issues such as sensors having to be replaced, brakes, lights, and the auto window went out, but other than that I cannot complain. Still picks up well between 50-80 mph and is decent on gas. The paint on the passenger side is oxidized, but hey, its 6 yrs old.

Done with Dodge/Chrysler
By maximusminus

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Dodge Stratus SE almost new and paid $11,500, well below what I would have paid for an equivalent Japanese make. I was willing to look past its relatively outdated powertrain and somewhat sluggish performance in stop and go traffic until I hit 57k miles on the odometer. After that, I was taking this car in for costly repairs on a regular basis. For instance, I was replacing brakepads every 10k miles, the shocks needed replacement every 20k. After coughing up about $13,000 in repairs & maintenance in six years, I had enough. I'm back driving a Toyota Camry with no issues. My advice: invest a little more money in a Toyota, Honda and save yourself time and money down the road.

Comfortable ride, overall decent handling, huge trunk

Reliability, performance

I Still Don't Regret This Purchase
By kaseyk

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 24,000 miles on it, I was the second owner and I must say that 2 years and 55,000 miles later, I really don't have any complaints. I used to commute out of town for work (about 65 miles a day) and I have gone on many out of town and out of state trips on this car. I have not had any problems out of my stratus except for the driver side window motor has gone out. Yes the windshield does have a few spots but nothing worth complaining over. Overall I must say that I love this car and it was probably the best purchase I have made, if they still made them I'd probably get another one

Sunroof

Maybe have a multiple CD changer, maybe work on the electrical system a little

Love My Stratus!!!
By dianaprince

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this as a family car back in '05. We've driven it clear across the country and back several times, and racked up a lot of mileage that way but didn't pay much for gas! I Love the amount of trunk space and interior space it has! We made several cross country trips with 2 adults, 2 small kids and 2 large dogs, and all our stuff in the car (luggage,food, and strollers) and still had plenty of room. It's 2010, I've had this car for at least 4 years now and I still love it! Best car I've ever owned!

cd player, Large trunk, spacious seats, console makes a comfy armrest!

sunroof! cd changer.