2006 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stratus model:
Not too bad....but dont trust it
By asmareverett on 09/23/12 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with the intention of paying it off very fast and using it as a spare. Well, 6 years later I just paid it off and its been my only for 105k miles. It was previously a rental and I'm imagining it got dogged out before I bought it because a head gasket blew within 6 months. The used car warranty covered it and I've been rolling ever since. Ive had minor issues such as sensors having to be replaced, brakes, lights, and the auto window went out, but other than that I cannot complain. Still picks up well between 50-80 mph and is decent on gas. The paint on the passenger side is oxidized, but hey, its 6 yrs old.

Done with Dodge/Chrysler
By maximusminus on 03/02/11 18:24 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Dodge Stratus SE almost new and paid $11,500, well below what I would have paid for an equivalent Japanese make. I was willing to look past its relatively outdated powertrain and somewhat sluggish performance in stop and go traffic until I hit 57k miles on the odometer. After that, I was taking this car in for costly repairs on a regular basis. For instance, I was replacing brakepads every 10k miles, the shocks needed replacement every 20k. After coughing up about $13,000 in repairs & maintenance in six years, I had enough. I'm back driving a Toyota Camry with no issues. My advice: invest a little more money in a Toyota, Honda and save yourself time and money down the road.

I Still Don't Regret This Purchase
By kaseyk on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 24,000 miles on it, I was the second owner and I must say that 2 years and 55,000 miles later, I really don't have any complaints. I used to commute out of town for work (about 65 miles a day) and I have gone on many out of town and out of state trips on this car. I have not had any problems out of my stratus except for the driver side window motor has gone out. Yes the windshield does have a few spots but nothing worth complaining over. Overall I must say that I love this car and it was probably the best purchase I have made, if they still made them I'd probably get another one

Love My Stratus!!!
By dianaprince on 02/25/10 18:05 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My husband and I bought this as a family car back in '05. We've driven it clear across the country and back several times, and racked up a lot of mileage that way but didn't pay much for gas! I Love the amount of trunk space and interior space it has! We made several cross country trips with 2 adults, 2 small kids and 2 large dogs, and all our stuff in the car (luggage,food, and strollers) and still had plenty of room. It's 2010, I've had this car for at least 4 years now and I still love it! Best car I've ever owned!

Crankshaft endplay
By kram660 on 02/14/10 19:08 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car with 25 miles on it in 2006 at the dealer. drove car daily to work with and do not hot rod it. after at around 40,000 miles i noticed oil leaking from the passenger side and it was the front crankshaft seal, i replaced it and the oil-pump thinking there a blockage somewhere . 5,000 miles later i have had to replace the seal at least 6 times knowing my engine has failed me. i am no rocket scientist but i know its my main thrust bearing is bad and the crank is rundown with at least 1/10 to 2/10 of end play. i have at lest $10,000 to owe on it and i parked it in my back yard with my 1938 ford pickup. hope this helps other hard working Americans to do something about this issue.

Do Not Buy This Car!!!
By Tam on 02/03/10 20:09 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in july of '06,had to have the front seal replaced in december of'06 at 14,000 miles. Here I am 2 and a half years later at 70,000 miles and have to have the front seal replaced again!!! It was a fairly good car otherwise, but don't waste your money. It will nickel and dime you death.

Really Like !
By Eileen on 12/12/09 00:08 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I recently acquired my Dodge as a gift from my children, It is gunmetal grey,which is nice as it appears to change colors, depends on weather conditions,looks nice on the road. Gas mileage is ok but not as good as we had hoped, and I do not put my foot to the metal.Like the way it handles.

*no*more*chrysler*or*dodge
By Disgusted on 12/10/09 17:55 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is OK to look at. Nothing special. But I drive high miles for my job so it's more for function. But this car is junk. In 2 years I have replaced all the headlights & taillights twice. When I turn, a warning comes on & the "brake" light comes on. ??? The interior/dash lights flash constantly. AND WHAT'S WITH THE WINDSHIELD?? I've been through probably a dozen sets of wipers & none work. The windshield has spots that none of the wipers touch! And I've had the windshield replaced due to a rock busting the old one. It was replaced with the same Dodge window.& the same thing. Wipers don't touch half of it. It's clearly a design flaw. And a big one.& one of my windows quit for no reason..

Has been a good vehicle for me =)
By Arianna on 08/29/09 21:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2006 Stratus last summer and I'm glad I did. I have had no problems with it yet *knock on wood* and it's been a very enjoyable car. I recently went on a road trip and I didn't even need to fill up the entire way there and back! It's amazing the gas mileage you can get with this car. I definitely don't waste time at the pump aha! The 4 cyl engine is good, but I can see why the V-6 would be better for the size of this vehicle. It didn't handle amazingly well last winter (in NY) but considering I live up on a huge hill, what can you really expect from a car? I can't really complain about it, I've had a good experience with this car, and it makes me want to buy Dodge again.

My favorite car ever!
By eagle20000899 on 07/25/09 07:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Stratus SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Hello. I bought this car to be my "family" car and I have been very happy with it. I have already been on some long trips and a lot of city driving and it just does everything for me. I have only had a few problems, but I plan on keeping it for a long time.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.