2005 Dodge Stratus Consumer Review: Pleasently Surprised

2005 Dodge Stratus - Consumer Review

SXT Coupe (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Pleasently Surprised
By Rob Watkins on

2005 Dodge Stratus SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this about a year ago. I've had no trouble with it. Ride and drive is really good and better than I expected. 4 cylinder is quite athletic when the air is off, a bit boggy when it's on from a stop. A/C is ice cold. Overall quality is much better than my last Chrysler product, a 96 Sebring conv. People comment on how handsome this car looks and I agree. I know some people have had trouble with their coupes but I must have gotten a good one. I like the dash and door panels a lot. My car has the Special Edition package, which is 2 tone leather seats and a couple other goodies thrown in. Inside, with the blk/gray leather seats is nearly luxurious. Gas mileage is good. Love this car!

Looks, ride & drive, seats, huge trunk, stereo is superb for a stock system, mileage is pretty good. Fold down back seats make this coupe quite practical.

Could use a glovebox lock, ABS isn't even available, better designed key fob, the panic button is too easy to activate accidentally. Not much else.